21.

Ryan

Once we made it home, I had Kairi go play in her room while I cleaned up the mess that had been made earlier today. She had to be at school in the morning and it was almost 6pm, she needed to be in the bed by 8. While she was upstairs I got started on dinner, which consisted of a frozen pizza going into the oven. I wasn't really in the mood to cook a whole lot knowing it was only me and her. While that cooked I got her stuff together for her to have a bath. I started her water and called her name, I heard her footsteps coming closer. "Yes mommy?"
"Bath time come on, you have to be at school tomorrow." I said helping her get undressed. Once she got in the tub, we started with her hair. I know Dave didn't wash it while she was with him so it wasn't gonna kill me to do it along the way. I wasn't sure how I was gonna style it but I knew it had to be something quick.
My phone started ringing, I made a mental note to return the call once I had gotten Kai settled. Once she was all clean I helped her out the tub. I wrapped a towel around her and carried her to my room. I dried her off and put on some baby lotion, once she was in her pajamas we headed down to the kitchen to check on the food. I pulled the pizza out of the oven and sliced it, "Kai it's too hot, once it cools off I'll make your plate." she nodded as we headed to the downstairs bathroom. I dried her hair with a towel and started braiding it. As her hair got longer it became hard to manage not only that it was pretty thick. It took no more than about 15 minutes, once I finished we went downstairs so she could eat. She ate about 2 slices before saying she was full and ready for bed. I sent her upstairs to brush her teeth while I washed the few dishes that were in the sink. Once I made sure it was half decent I locked the doors and turned out the lights. I was beyond tired so all I wanted to do was get Kairi situated then take my ass to sleep. I went upstairs to her room and she was already in the bed, I squatted down beside her and kissed her cheek. "I love you." I said smiling at her. "Love you too." I fixed her blanket and stood to my feet, "Goodnight Kai." I said turning out her lamp and walking out. As I headed towards my room I heard the doorbell, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. I quietly made my way down the stairs, when I looked into the peephole, I instantly rolled my eyes. I opened the door, "Yes Dave?"
"I know it's late can I come in so we could talk?" I never understood why he always wanted to have conversations at night when he just seen me earlier. "I guess." I said moving to the side letting him inside. I closed the door behind him, and stood there waiting for him to start talking. "Over the last couple of months, I've been thinking.. our relationship as parents could be better. Losing Kam was something neither one of us expected to happen, but we gotta be better for Kairi. I'm not gonna lie and say that I'm completely over it and I know you're not over it, but you have some type of support while me on the other hand don't have anybody other than Aug. I know you got a nigga now and I'm not gonna be no petty ass nigga and try to stop you from being happy but I truly hope he's making you happy.. something that I couldn't do. But I truly apologize for my actions over the last year and a half, I've disrespected you when you've done nothing but love me." I stood there in silence not knowing what to say. I wasn't sure what made him come over and say all this but I didn't know how to take it. I'm not gonna lie and say that I completely hate him cause at one point of time I was in love with this man but over the years the love turned into resentment. Hell we even had kids together but I know my worth now, I'm not settling for anything less. "I been forgave you, and you once made me happy. But when you continuously disregard my feelings when you do dumb shit is when I gave up on us.. mentally we're not on the same page for our lives. I'll continue to do my best when it comes to us raising Kairi but that chapter of a me and you is over." He nodded his head, "I respect your honesty. And I feel like at least once a week we do some kind of family outing so she doesn't feel like we hate each other." 
He did have a point but I wasn't single, but at the same time I wasn't doing anything wrong cause the only time me and Dave see each other is for Kairi. Part of me felt like this is conversation I should have with Antonio but at the same time he sees the mother of his kids when he's in Chicago. "That'll be fine. Just let me know when and we can go from there." I simply said.

                                          Dave

I was honestly surprised that she agreed to it, but you could tell she was in deep thought about it. I just wanted to extend my support to her cause I knew deep down us constantly bumping heads didn't make her life any easier. And I realized that if she wasn't mentally okay that would affect Kairi and I wanted the both of them to be happy. Even if we weren't all under the same roof, I knew I was pushing my luck when I opened my arms and asked Ry for a hug. She slowly made her way to me, when her arms wrapped around my torso it just felt right. I wrapped my arms around her small frame and took in her scent, if I could we would stay in this position all night. She pulled away and backed up creating space between us. "Alright well I have to be up early so I'll talk to you later?" she said not bothering to make eye contact with me. I nodded, "my bad, see you later Ry. Kiss my baby for me." I said as I headed out the door. She nodded and peeked her head out the door. She was making sure a nigga made it to the car safely. Once I got in the car I saw her close the door. I smiled to myself cause I was glad we were on better terms.

                                       Ryan

I closed and locked the door, I headed upstairs but I checked on Kai before I went to my room. She had her arm above her head as her snores filled the room. She didn't snore loud unlike her dad but she did mug in her sleep like him. I smiled and kissed her forehead before walking out. Once I made it to my room, I stripped out of my clothes and climbed into the bed. Once I got comfortable, I laid there consumed by my thoughts. It was some things I missed about Dave that I knew I wouldn't find anywhere else. Like don't get me wrong I cared for Antonio and I knew he cared about me but could we see ourselves being together long term? I guess only time would tell..

-
So I got a question for y'all .. did y'all first discover this story by like searching around for it or were y'all here since Concrete Rose? I'm curious lol