31.

Ryan

The next few weeks flew by, I found myself wrapped up in Kairi and her school activities. She brought home this paper about joining the soccer team her school started out of nowhere. Dave has been making these big ass posters to support her when in reality all he wrote on them was "Kairi's dad" or "father of the star". It was other corny stuff he wrote on them but I stopped paying attention after the second one, like him and her were on the floor drawing and painting. Mother's Day was slowly approaching and I didn't have not the slightest idea of what we were doing that day. I did have an outfit picked out so that was one less thing I had to worry about. I looked over at Dave and Kairi and they had paint everywhere, Kai had it all in her hair and Dave had it on his face. I stood to my feet, "it's like having 2 kids in this house but the thing is one of them are suppose to be the adult." I said leading Kai to the bathroom. Dave cleaned up the mess they made and took a shower while I bathed Kai and washed her hair. It was getting late and I hadn't started on dinner yet, I honestly didn't feel like it so it was basically a fend for yourself type of night. I ended up making Kai a sandwich and I ate a bowl of cereal. Once I had gotten her situated, I headed towards the bathroom to take my shower. While I was in there Dave came and sat in there, something he started doing when we first got together. I paid him no mind while I took care of my hygiene, once I was finished I stepped out of the shower with a towel around me. I walked to the bedroom and moisturized my body, then I put on some clothes. Dave came out of the bathroom with a half rolled blunt. I climbed in the bed and picked my laptop up from by the nightstand. I opened it and went online looking at these different clothing boutiques, I was interested in wearing other stuff instead of always wearing my clothes from Sorella. I ordered a few outfits and decided to finish my mini shopping spree tomorrow. Dave was sitting on side of the bed smoking, he reached back to pass it to me. "I'm good, I'm about to lay down anyways." I said getting comfortable. "Alright, I love you." he said leaning over planting a kiss on my forehead. "I love you too." I said laying there watching his movements. I felt my eyes get heavy and when I closed them, I felt him lay beside me and pull me closer to him.

Dave

As I laid there while Ry slept, I had hella ideas in my head for what I could do for Mother's Day. I didn't know exactly what I wanted to do for her that we hadn't already done, we've been out of the country already. So I think I wanted to do a nice intimate dinner with her and her moms. I only had a few days to get everything together, but I knew I could pull this off so I wasn't stressing about it. I felt myself on the verge of dozing off so I cut off the light and got comfortable..

The next morning when I woke up I saw that Ry was still asleep, I got up and went to check on Kai. I peeked my head in her room and she was slumped, I looked at her window and saw that it wasn't even daylight yet. Then I returned back to the room and looked at the time, it was a little after 4am. I didn't know why I was up so early considering we went to sleep after midnight. I headed downstairs and called the guy I buy my cars from and asked him if he had anything available. He said he had a few things but nothing my style, I sighed cause now I'm back at square one. "Alright bro, thanks." I said hanging up. I sat back and thought hard, I wanted upgrade her necklaces. She had a few that she wore, so I was gonna upgrade the oldest one which was the one with Kai's name on it. It was something else I had under my sleeve that I had been working on and I felt like Mother's Day was the perfect day to give it to her. Kairi had recently turned 4 and she had a little get together with a few of our friends with kids. Brooke and CJ, Queen and her two boys, August and his nieces, along with a few other kids that Kai met in school. I think overall her party was a success, it was the first time we've all been together in awhile so it was nice. Queen and Ryan have gotten closer since they now lived in New York. And since they've became closer that meant I seen Clarence often as well, I knew him from back in the day. He was from the Bronx while I was from Harlem and I thought it was interesting to know that him and Brooke use to date. That's how him and Ry were acquainted, I was snapped out of my thoughts by Ryan tapping me on the leg. "You okay? I've been calling your name." she asked half asleep. I nodded my head, "yeah I'm good, I was just thinking." I said not wanting to go into detail. I laid back down and pulled her closer to me, she had her leg across me and I had my arm around her waist. She leaned up and pecked me on the lips, I was in the middle of massaging her scalp. "Don't start something you ain't gone finish." I mumbled with my eyes closed. I heard her chuckle but she didn't say anything, shortly after I heard her light snores.

                                        Ryan

When I woke up the next morning I sat up and saw that Dave was still asleep. I got up and went to the bathroom, once I brushed my teeth and handled my hygiene I headed out the room. I went and checked on Kairi and she was sitting in her room playing on her iPad with a bowl of fruit in the bed with her. I chuckled, "did you brush your teeth and wash your face?" I asked and she nodded. I closed her door and headed downstairs to make us something to eat cause she'll only eat so much of the fruit by itself.
By the time I finished cooking Dave was downstairs on the couch watching tv with Kai beside him. I made plates and sat them at the table, they both got up and came to sit at the table. Once they started eating I started cleaning up the kitchen, I was gonna just chill around the house I didn't have the energy to do much of anything. I just feel tired and I had just got up, once I finished I went upstairs and cleaned the rooms and the bathrooms. That took a little over an hour and a half to finish and when I did finish I wanted to take a shower and go back to sleep. I didn't have an appetite for anything but I also knew I should eat, once I took a shower I threw on this robe and headed back down the stairs. Dave and Kairi was playing the board game and of course he was cheating, "I'm gonna go take a nap, is it fine if she stays down here with you?" I asked rummaging through the refrigerator. "What kind of question is that? Of course she can stay down here. You say that like I'm not her dad." He said laughing. I simply nodded and made myself a bowl of cereal, I sat at the island and ate it. My phone started ringing and when I saw it was my mom I quickly answered, "hey ma."
"Hey babygirl, what are your plans for the day?" she asked. "Honestly I'm most likely gonna be in the bed, Kai is gonna be with Dave today." I said yawning. "Huh? In the bed? You okay? Something wrong? You got the stomach virus or something?" she asks and that's when it dawned on me. I never went and got the plan b from that night. "Let me call you back mama." I said quickly hanging up. I looked on my app and saw that I was damn near a week late, I got up and ran upstairs to the bathroom. I locked the door behind and that's when I heard heavy footsteps coming closer, "Bae? You okay?" he asked knocking on the door. I bit down on my bottom lip anxiously, I didn't know how to answer the question.. "I'm fine, just had to um.. pee." I said sitting on the floor. I opened one of the drawers and pulled out a box of pregnancy tests. I knew I couldn't avoid this, so I opened the box and took both of the tests. And while I waited for the results I opened the door and there stood Dave. I looked up at him and let him inside the bathroom. I sat back on the floor and he stood next to the sink where they laid. "What does it say?" I asked quietly. He picked one up and looked at it, "here." he said said handing it to me. I mentally prepared myself for whatever the results were, when I looked down I got my answer.

Positive.