38.

Dave

The next morning I woke up, I yawned trying to stretch on this uncomfortable ass couch. I looked over at Ry and she was up feeding the baby, but she was also pumping her other tit. She yawned, and looked over at me, "good morning." I smiled cause she looked good as fuck, "good morning love." I got up and went to brush my teeth and rinsed my face off, I used the bathroom and washed my hands. When I came out the bathroom, she was now burping the baby and I reached for her. Once Khari burped she handed her to me, I walked around holding her. "So.." Ry went to say, "What are we doing? Are just coparenting or?" That was a good question cause we hadn't discussed the status of our relationship in months. We did relationship shit but we never established what it was, "I wanna be with you, with no bullshit or lies or anything that could potentially come out of the closet." I said honestly. She nodded, "I agree. I wanna put all the dumb shit behind us cause now it's not just us.. we have Kairi and now Khari and I don't want Khari to grow up witnessing the shit that Kai did." she said.
"I feel you and I'm glad that we were able to put our differences aside for the sake of Kairi and I'm happy that I've been able to witness her grow up. Y'all are the reason my heart beats and I mean that." I said as she puckered her lips requesting a kiss. I chuckled and walked over to her, I leaned down holding Khari and kissed her lips. "I love you." she said pecking me on the lips repeatedly. "I love you more." I said meaning every word.

Ryan

Hearing him tell me how much he loved me and knowing that he genuinely meant it made me feel good. "Do you see us getting married again Ry?" when he said that I tensed up, I wasn't thinking about no marriage or anything right now. I felt like if I lied about this it would only cause arguments in the future. So I decided to be honest with him and express how I felt about marriage, "Honestly no, and I only say that because our marriage mentally broke me.. I know we've moved past that and I'm happy where we're at. But that was such a hard time in my life, I had lost myself.. my own identity I was no longer just Ryan. I known to everyone as "Dave East's wife". Not only that the cheating and how I suffered from postpartum depression and having to deal with that alone. I love you, God knows I do but I'm scared to make that big step again." I said expressing how I felt. He nodded his head slowly but before he said anything I continued talking. "I just don't wanna keep reliving the past, I'm tired of us being at odds. This pregnancy has been the most stress free pregnancy I've ever had, I was genuinely happy other than the few health scares. I just want us to be okay, no drama, no outsiders just us."
He sat her in this little bed and walked towards me, "Ryan Destiny Taylor.. I understand and respect your feelings one hundred percent. When I met you, I had no intentions on falling in love with you. We became close and I thought that us being together would be a good thing , but because of the fact that I didn't know how to properly love a good woman I hurt you along the way with my selfish decisions. And by the time I thought I could right my wrongs it was too late, you were gone. And us being able to rekindle the flame we once had made me feel good, I was genuinely happy to have you back in my life. This love shit was something new to me when I met you and I'm trying to fix my past wrongdoings. I love our life together, I love you, our daughters and I couldn't see me doing this without you." He said pecking me on the lips. "So are we together?" I asked looking in his eyes for some type of answer. "Yeah." he said with a smile. There was a knock on the door and when it opened there stood our friends and family. I smiled cause in cake everyone who was here last night, Queen and Brooke looked the most excited cause they came over to me. "Girl congratulations. You look so good, you make me wanna have another one." Queen complimented. I smiled and thanked her, "She looks like you this time, remember when Kai was born she looked nothing like you.. it was like Dave spit her out." Brooke joked. I laughed cause they were full of jokes today, August and Clarence came up to me and August hugged me and congratulated me. "Thanks guys." I said as Dave handed the baby back to me.
My dad then suggested that we take pictures, I quickly decline cause I looked a hot ass mess. "Ryan you look great, just take it." He said holding up his camera as everyone gathered around me. We all smiled as the flash went off, we took a few more pictures and I was over it.

Dave

Seeing everyone here to support us made me happy, Kairi was now sitting in a chair holding her sister. She kept smiling and talking to Khari, I heard a sniffle and when I looked up it was Ry crying at the sight. She looked at me and smiled, letting me know that she was fine. All these months of us preparing for her arrival had us both anxious as hell, but seeing how perfect she was made all those sacrifices and sleepless nights worth it. If we were to potentially have another baby, I would see how a home birth is. It was interesting to see all the different ways you could deliver a baby, Kairi was born in the hospital bed, and Khari was a water baby. And out of nowhere Khari let out a high pitched scream, we all looked over and saw that Kairi was trying to change her diaper. I quickly ran over to them and changed the diaper, I picked her up and brought her to Ry. She must've gotten cold so babe held her close and started feeding her, Kairi started to cry. Aw hell.. I thought to myself as I walked back over to her and picked her up. She was definitely sensitive like her mama so when she saw that everyone panicked she probably felt like she was in trouble. "You're not in trouble, she just got cold and since she can't talk like you she cries to let us know if somethings wrong." I explained to her, she wiped her tears and nodded. Once she was okay we all basically spent the day hanging out in the hospital room with our loved ones.

-

I feel this book slowly coming to an end yall 😭
and ima be honest , it's gonna make me sad fasho. I started Concrete Rose mid 2019 and I've been making up Dave and Ryan's journey since then & all the feedback and opinions on them have been hilarious to say the least. But with that being said I hope you guys can continue to support me on the next books I write. ❤️