39.

Ryan

As the next few days went by we were now out of the hospital and back at home. Khari's first appointment was in 2 days, Kairi has been adjusting well to the new baby in the house. And as usual Dave was up my ass 24/7, he was on top of daddy duties. I had put a pause on my business life, and so far being able to completely relax and just enjoy my kids made me happy. I was walking around the house pumping while Dave helped Kairi with her school work. Which really consisted of her ABC's and numbers, things she already knew but why not? My parents have been over everyday just helping us out with the house and kids. My mom had been cooking dinner for us since we left the hospital and I've been trying to keep up with the house. Dave made sure to keep downstairs clean while upstairs was my job. I was snapped out of my thoughts by Kai calling my name, "yes baby?" I looked over at her and waited for her to tell me why she was calling my name. "I'm hungry.." she said. I nodded and headed to the kitchen, I checked the pump and made sure that the bottles weren't gonna overfill. I grabbed the stuff to make us all lunch and got started, I was in the middle of cooking when Dave came up behind me. "Whatever you're trying to do just know I'm still bleeding sir." when I said that he started laughing. "Really Ry? I'm not trying to seduce you." he said kissing the side of my face. Once I finished I made plates and called Kai over to eat, we all sat down and said grace. We all ate in a comfortable silence, but shortly after I finished eating the baby started crying. I stood to my feet and headed upstairs to her room, I removed the pump and poured the milk into a bottle and the rest into a freezer bag. I changed her diaper and picked her up, I sat down in the rocking chair and got the bottle ready. I hurried to finish what I was doing cause she was screaming her head off by this point. Once I gave her the bottle she instantly got quiet, I rocked her softly. She was the perfect mixture of Dave and I, but Kairi was all him. I yawned as she looked me in my eyes, this experience has been delightful to say the least. It kinda made me consider the thought of another kid but at the same time I was happy with my two. I heard heavy footsteps coming up the stairs so I knew it was Dave. I looked up and saw him standing at the door, "You okay?" he asked. I nodded my head, "I'm fine.. why?" he shook his head basically saying nothing. There was a knock on the front door and I stood to my feet, I carried Khari downstairs with me and when I opened the door there stood 2 officers. "Is David Brewster here?" I frowned clearly confused as to what could they possibly want. And when Dave came up behind me they grabbed him instantly putting the cuffs on him. "You're being arrested for the murder of Heather Rose. Anything you say or do will be held against you in the court of law." they immediately started bringing him towards the cop car. I'm standing outside with both of the girls with tears in my eyes cause we just couldn't catch a break. As the car pulled off, I grabbed Kairi's hand and we all went in the house. I burped Khari and changed her diaper, I strapped her in the car seat as I quickly got her and Kai's stuff together. I called my parents in the process of all this and they said it was fine if the girls came over. I got Kai dressed and we headed out the door, I was completely stressed out and I knew that me stressing wasn't making the situation any better. All it did was have me worked up and I knew I would later regret this when my milk supply is low. I hurried out of the house with the girls, I made sure I properly strapped them in their seats. I hurried to my parents house and once I made it, I quickly got the kids out of the car. My mom met me outside, "what's going on Ry? You sounded worried over the phone?"
"He's in jail." I said trying to keep my emotions in check but failed when she embraced me into a hug. I wasn't sure if it was because I recently had a baby and my hormones weren't right but I sobbed like a big ass kid. She rubbed my back and told me that everything was gonna be okay and I knew God had us in this situation. I kissed my babies before I left and headed towards the county jail, it was a lot going on and I had to figure it out the best I could.

                                        Dave

I was currently sitting at this table waiting on Ry to come. I was once again back in this hell hole, I hadn't been here since I was younger and this was a place I wouldn't wish on my worse enemy. I sighed and right when I was about to stand to my feet I saw Ryan coming through the doors. She sat across from me and picked up the phone, the glass was the only thing separating us from each other. "You okay?" I asked as she looked around. She looked at me and nodded her head yes, "Are you okay?" I nodded my head yeah, I didn't wanna stress her out anymore than I already have. I missed my babies already, "I already got my lawyer on the line and they're on top of this case." She nodded understanding what I was saying. She didn't ask any questions about the situation cause she knew that anything I said would be considered evidence. I could tell that my baby had been crying but she tried to hold it together for our family. "I love you." I said genuinely. She smiled, "I love you more." I placed my hand on the glass, she placed hers up to it as well. The visit lasted about another 20 minutes, once she got up to walk away I sighed. I saw the niggas watching her every move, she still held her baby weight so she was slightly bigger than normal. She looked damn good, so I knew it was bound to happen. "Aye East?" a nigga called out. I looked over at him with my eyebrow raised, "wassup?" He nodded over in the direction where Ry was, "That's you?" he asked. I chuckled, "Yeah bro, that's me."
"Damn, what happened to ya baby moms?" I laughed cause he must've didn't recognize that it was Ry. "That's her." I said proudly. "Damn, she's done gotten thicker."
"Aye watch ya mouth." I said seriously, it's cool to look cause I know he would never bag her fine ass but don't disrespect me. He threw his hands up in defense, "my bad big bro." I just knew that this would be a whole lot harder than I thought..

                                       Ryan

The ride home from the county jail has me deep in my thoughts. I wanted my man home with me and the girls, and to know that it wasn't possible had me sad. Kairi isn't a baby anymore so she's fully aware of what goes on but Khari isn't even a month old. Once I made it back to my parents house when I walked in I saw Kairi laying on the couch with Khari they were watching tv. Well Kai was the baby was just laying there staring off into space. My mom was sitting in the kitchen watching them closely. I chuckled and that's when all hell broke lose, Kairi yelled my name which caused the baby to start crying. "Lord." I mumbled picking up Khari, how in the world was I gonna manage doing this with a newborn and a toddler?

-
I'm backkkkk, its been what almost 3 months?😬so much going on in my personal life but I'm back with the updates ! ❤️