9.

Ryan

After the last conversation I had with Dave, he's been giving me space like I asked and we've only been talking when it concerns the kids. I was now in the grocery store with Kairi and she was on my last nerve, I wasn't sure what was up with her but she was touching every fucking thing she saw. Kam was with Dave for the day and I was running on a solid 5 hours of sleep, even after having kids I still wasn't a morning person. I was so focused on Kairi that I ran into somebody, my phone and keys fell out my hand. "Shit." the guy mumbled as we both reached for it. He picked my things up and handed them to me, "I'm sorry." I said apologizing. "You good love." he said flashing a smile. "Is this your lil girl?" he asked, I nodded and introduced her since she held this mug on her face. "She's pretty like her mama." he complimented. "Thank you. Well I apologize again." I said started walking away. "Oh I was wondering if I could get your number? I would like to get to know you." He said hopeful. I nodded and wrote my number on a piece of paper, I handed it to him and he slipped it in his pocket. "It was nice meeting you." I nodded and told him likewise and with that I walked away. "Mommy who was that?" Kairi asked as we finished shopping. "Nobody important baby." I said not giving it too much thought. Yes legally I was still married, but we weren't together so did it matter what I did and who I do it with? Hell this whole situation is just weird to me but I'll eventually get the hang of it. After getting everything that was needed such as food, diapers, formula, and a few other things we were on our way home, Kairi sung along to all the songs that played in the car. My mom was back at my place and she was NOT happy to see David Brewster when she landed, she was about 2 seconds away from punching his ass and Dominic decided to stay back in LA cause I know how he would react and it wouldn't be pretty. But my mom hasn't said much to him, and I didn't blame her cause if somebody's son did this to my daughter I'd gladly take that charge and I knew her father felt the same way. After carrying everything inside I was completely exhausted, I plopped down on the couch and kicked my shoes off. "I cooked your favorite." My mom said coming into the living room with a plate of food. I knew exactly what it was from the smell, I was a sucker for anything spicy so she made curry chicken with rice and my mouth instantly watered. "Thank you." I said with a smile, I knew Kai would come eat out of my plate so I told her not to worry about making another plate. As I sat there and ate I received a phone call, it was Miss Pam, "hello?" I said as Kairi came back for more food. "Have you seen Dave today?" I frowned cause what the hell was going on for her to ask me that. "Yes I seen him this morning when he came to pick up the baby." I said waiting on her to finish what it was she had to say. "Oh well I've been calling him and no answer, I'll keep trying. Have a good night Ry."
"You too." And with that I hung up and dialed his number. "Wassup?" he said into the phone it sounded like he was sleep. "Your moms just called me asking if I heard from you like something was wrong." I frowned cause it wasn't shit wrong with this nigga. "Why? I was sleep, Kam is asleep so I decided to catch up on some too. Why she trippin'?" I shrugged as if he could see me. "I don't know but call her, I'm about to finish feeding Kai so I'll talk to you later." I said hanging up. I sat my phone down next to me as Kairi finished my whole plate. "Well goodness girl did you leave any for mommy?" I joked standing up to go back to the kitchen. She climbed on the couch and picked up my phone, a bad habit I was trying to break. "No ma'am, put it down." I said sternly I heard her sigh and sit it down. I made myself another plate and returned back to my seat on the couch, Kairi once again brought lil' bad ass over and continued eating. My mom came out and laughed at the sight of me and Kai. "I take it the food is good?" Kairi shook her head yes before I could even answer. I laughed and told her it was good, that was something I missed those home cooked meals. I enjoy cooking but these days I only cook for 2, and Kairi was kinda a picky eater. I finished eating and saw that Kairi made a mess, I went down the hall and started her some bath water. My mom straighten up the kitchen while I cleaned up the mess that was made, Kairi ran around singing. It took about 10 minutes to straighten everything up so once I finished, I called Kai into the bathroom. "Come on bath time." I said helping her take her clothes off. I sat her in the tub of water and gave her a few toys, I sat on the floor next to the tub to watch her. She played for awhile, I bathed her. I didn't want her water to be cold and she ended up sick so I hurried to get her out. We were gonna wash her hair tomorrow during the day, since it had been almost a week since her last wash. I dried her off and put lotion on her, I was gonna let her call her dad before bed so I got her dressed and she headed to my room. She had her own room but she enjoyed being in my room since I had a tv. I wasn't one of those strict parents but I also didn't want my child watching tv all day. She only had her iPad during car rides but other than that she played outside with other kids, I just felt like her being on electronics all day wasn't good and Dave agreed. I checked the time and it was almost 10pm, I took a quick shower and told my mom goodnight. She slept in the guest room I had, so I went back to my room and climbed into the bed. "You wanna call daddy?" I asked pulling out my phone. She nodded and told me yes so I dialed his number, "hello?" he said answering the phone. "Kai wanted to talk to you before she went to sleep." I said handing her the phone. I got comfortable while they talked about absolutely nothing, they were on the phone for almost 20 minutes when she started yawning. "Alright Dave, she's sleepy now. I'll call you tomorrow and kiss my baby for me."
"I will, and good night love y'all." he said into the phone. "Love you too." I didn't mind saying it back cause I did in fact still love him. And with that he hung up. I cuddled up to Kairi and told her good night, she dozed off fondling with my necklace. I smiled and looked down at her, she was like the female version of Dave down to the looks. "Lord what am I gonna do with you?" I whispered kissing her forehead before dozing off into a deep slumber.