12.

Ryan

The next day I woke up with a slight headache, I sat up in the bed and yawned. I got up and went towards the bathroom, I used the bathroom and washed my hands. I didn't wanna stay too late cause I still needed to pick up the kiddos. I brushed my teeth and washed my face, I heard Brooke downstairs on the phone. I made sure I had all my things when I headed downstairs, she was standing in the living room with Chris. I thought she was on the phone since I didn't hear anybody down here with her, they were arguing. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion cause yesterday everything was good, "hey y'all. I'll Uber to the house, to pick up my car." I said quietly not trying to interrupt their conversation. "You sure?" Brooke asked concerned but I quickly nodded. I loved Brooke to death but with this headache I couldn't do a car ride with her venting about Chris, maybe when it wore off and I was fine but not right now. "I'm sure, I'll let you two finish talking." I said hurrying out of the house. I ordered me an Uber and waited, my phone rung and it was Dave. "Hey let me call you when I make it home." I said rushing him off the phone. I needed to get my life together before I could really talk to people. The Uber ride wasn't long due to the fact that traffic wasn't that bad, so I was home in about 20 minutes. As soon as I got in the door, I started stripping out of my clothes going towards the bathroom, if you know me you know that I don't like being dirty. I started the shower and didn't even wait for the water to get hot, I was in the shower till the water was lukewarm. Once I got out and dried off I made sure to moisturize my entire body. The bruises on my legs were starting to fade away, another thing I missed about being with Dave was the sex which I basically forgot what that felt like. But I had self control, just cause we were in a okay space doesn't mean I'm giving him any. Once I had ate and made sure everything was straightened in the house I call my mom to check on Kairi and Kam she told me that they were asleep, I told her that I would stop by later to get them. I called Dave's phone to see if was awake yet, when I got his voicemail I assumed he was still sleep. I just lounged around waiting for time to pass by, I was catching up on the episodes on The Chi.
My phone started ringing, it was Dave, "hello?" I greeted. "Wassup? What you doing?" He asked.'"watching tv, about to go get the kids from my parents. You?" I heard him shuffling around in the background. "Just got myself together, my head was pounding when I got up." I chuckled, "I bet cause you was definitely lit by the time we dropped you off." He chuckled a bit, "Aye I'm sorry, I know I was probably doing too much."
"No not really, you were just tipsy. Wasn't anything that I hadn't seen before." I said standing to my feet going towards the kitchen. I grabbed an apple out of the fruit basket as Dave rambled about nothing in particular. "When I get myself together can I get the kids?" he asked. "That's fine, when I pick them up ima spend a few hours with them and we can meet up." I said standing at the island. I took a bite out of the apple, when I received a call from Brooke. "Hold on Dave, Brooke's calling." I said switching the call. Once it connected I heard her sobbing, "what's wrong?" I asked concerned. "He's been shot!"
"Who Brooke???" I asked now pacing the floor.
"Chris." when she said that I instantly stopped cause what the hell happened ? He was just fine when we dropped him off last night.
"What? What happened?" I asked now slipping on my shoes and grabbing my keys. "It was a home invasion gone wrong, he was shot in the chest and head. He's in critical condition at the hospital." she was still sobbing. And honestly I don't blame her they had been together for years, they were together when I met Dave. Our kids were like siblings, and not only that Chris was Dave's right hand man. They were both from Harlem and as Dave grew successful he made sure to bring Chris with him. I quickly got in the car and headed towards the hospital, I made sure to let my mom know that it'll be a minute before I came to pick up Kairi and Kam. By the time I made it to the hospital, Dave was already there and so was Baby. I quickly rushed in, and Brooke came running into my arms. Her face was swollen from all the crying she was doing, I tried my best comfort her during this time but it wasn't much I could actually do besides pray that he pulls through. We were there for hours before we heard anything from the doctors, and everybody was exhausted. We heard the doors open and a doctor was walking towards us. And judging by the look on his face it wasn't any good news, and I guess everybody saw what I saw cause Brooke instantly hit the floor. Aug and Dave held her up as she screamed and cried. I felt numb cause this was the father of her son, somebody she planned her entire life with and within the blink of an eye he was gone. "I'm sorry for your loss but Christopher Jones didn't make it through the surgery." I saw that Dave was crying too. I did my best to comfort them cause out of us all it really hurt Brooke and Dave. We were there for another hour or so and that's when Brooke told us that she wanted to be alone so we respected her wishes and left. The car ride to my parents house was quiet, Dave wanted to ride with me cause he said he wasn't in the right state of mind to drive. He was silent the entire time, I wanted to give him his space so I just kept quiet. Once I pulled into the driveway, I looked over at him. "You coming inside?" I asked, he shook his head no. I sighed and got out, making my way towards the front door.

                                          Dave

I didn't know how to feel, cause this feels like one big ass nightmare. We was just together yesterday and today he's gone? He was there at the start of my business, hell he was slanging work all over Harlem with me and now he ain't here? What ima tell my daughter who grew to have a bond with him? What about his family? I remember we use to have conversations all the time saying if one of us left this wicked world we would take care of the others kids. Now I have 3, I gotta step up and play a role in CJ's life now that his father is no longer here with us. But I didn't wanna abandon my family either, it took everything out of me to get out the car and go inside Ry's parents house. I wasn't on the best of terms with them due to the circumstances, I took a deep breath and knocked and I heard little feet running towards the door. When it opened there stood Kairi, "daddy!!" she said jumping into my arms. "Hey baby." I greeted kissing her on the cheek. I walked towards the living room where everyone was, there stood Ry who was holding a sleeping Kam. She was conversing with her mom and her step pops stood to his feet. "David, we need to talk playa." he said and I knew it was serious cause he never called me by my government. I sat Kai down on her feet and told her that I would return shortly, she nodded and started playing with her toys that were on the floor. We walked out to the back yard, "So what's going on with you and Ryan? I've heard the situation that happened and my question is why you keep fucking up?" I couldn't even be mad at him for coming at me the way he did cause he was only protecting his daughter. "Honestly pops I don't know, like don't get me wrong I love the fuck outta Ry and I love the life that we've built together. It's just the temptation is a bitch, I made that mistake and she's making me pay for it. At this point we're basically separated, she and the kids left the house and that's the only thing we talk about is Kairi and Kameron." I said honestly. "Do you wanna be with her?" he asked and honestly I didn't know how to answer it. I knew if we did try to make it work that doubt would always be in the back of her mind so no matter what she would never fully trust me again. "I do, but all I do is fuck up.. she deserves better than me. I begged her not to divorce me but I feel like as time passes by it's only putting a bigger strain on our relationship. I want her to be happy and if it isn't with me I'll have to accept that. Cause at the end of the day this is all happening because of me." I truthfully and I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. No matter how good we may or may not be I just couldn't keep holding her back in life and that was something we needed to talk about..

-
LongLiveGhost 😭