6.

Ryan

Later on that night, I laid in the bed Kai as she played with my necklace. Something she's done since she was a baby, "mommy?" she called out. "Yes baby?"
"Do you love daddy?" she asked randomly. I looked down at her and sighed, "yes.. I do." I had just put Kam down for the night and she was in here asking questions. "Well why can't-" I cut her off cause now she was about to ask something crazy. "Goodnight Kairi."
"Goodnight." I kissed her on the forehead and wrapped my arms around her. She laid on my chest quietly and I knew she was asleep when she let my necklace go. After today I definitely needed some sleep, it would only get more stressful cause tomorrow Kam has a doctors appointment. Dave said he would meet us there, I still needed my space and I told him that. Last time we went through this with the whole woman accusing him as the father of her baby thing I took him back way too fast, so I wanted to take my time to process everything so I can make a decision with a clear head. I felt myself slowly dozing off in a deep slumber.

The Next Morning

I was woke up by Kam screaming his head off, Kairi was starting to wake up. I just knew it was gonna be a rough morning, that's one thing that she hated. Being woke up by her brother so she's definitely gonna give me a hard time. I hurried to where he was, and picked him up. I knew I would have to get the two of them ready before I got myself together, so I ran him some bath water and put his little tub inside. I took off his clothes and laid him inside, I didn't have a chance to see what time it was so I hurried so Kairi could get up and get dressed. After about 30 minutes both kids were ready and fed, meanwhile I still looked crazy. It was now almost 9am and his appointment is at 9:30. Since I had got in the shower last night, I would just wait until later, so I brushed my teeth and washed my face. While I was in the middle of getting dressed Kairi stormed into my room, "mommy! somebody's at the door." she said pulling me towards the door. I didn't even have a shirt on, so she wanted me to answer the door in my bra. "Hold on!" I called out to whoever was on the other side of the door. "It's me Ryan." Dave called out. I sighed and slipped on my robe, I opened the door and there stood Dave. "You ain't ready yet?" he asked coming in and scooping Kairi off her feet. "Good morning to you too damn." I said walking back to my room to finish what I was doing before he interrupted. About 10 minutes later I was finished and we were strapping the kids in the car. The ride was fairly quiet, but that was because I had a question that I needed answers to. How is it he hasn't fired the receptionist yet? Do they know each other prior to all of this?

                                            Dave

"So why haven't you fired her?" Ryan said randomly. I looked over at her and sighed, there was a reason I hadn't fired Asia. "I used to be cool wit her brother before he was shot, I told him that I would always look out for her if something happened to him." I saw her frown. "I've known you for over 5 years and you've never spoke of her nor her brother." She was right it was a touchy subject for me so I just don't talk about it. "He was murdered in front of me, I don't like talking about cause I felt like I could've done something to help."
"So if you were supposed to watch after her how did your dick in up in her mouth?" she was now turned facing me. I didn't think she would put her hands on me since I was driving but these days she was surprising me. I looked and saw Kairi was asleep, with her headphones on. "Ryan, it was a mistake. I hadn't even spoken to her since. Any issues she has in the office she discusses wit Monica. She came to me looking for a job a little over a year ago and I hired her but if you want me to fire her I can do that. I told you I'm willing to do whatever it takes for you to trust me again." I said honestly.

                                           Ryan

Hearing him say that didn't make me feel better, as crazy as it sounds it made me feel worse. He made a promise to her brother and I knew he would fire her but he would also feel like he was betraying her brother. And if you knew Dave he was big on loyalty, his only issue was it was clearly hard for him to be loyal to me. I sighed, "As much as I wanna make this work, I don't think it will. I just don't trust you, part of me feels like everything you tell me is a lie. Next week is Father's Day and as much as I wanna spend it with you, I just can't put on this front to everyone." I was genuinely hurt cause everything he promised not to be he is. I noticed he still wore his wedding band but it was pointless cause he still did what he wanted. His words just didn't match with his actions, he sighed and placed his hand on my thigh. "Ima fix it, I don't care if it takes 10 years to earn your trust I'm gonna make things right." I sighed and placed my hand on top of his, "it's too late..I love you but I just can't trust you and if you don't have trust in a relationship then what do you have? I don't wanna stay and every time you leave the house I wonder if you're going to meet up with bitches. I don't wanna live like that, so I'm giving you back to them. You can do whatever you wanna do now without me interfering with it."
"So you're really done?" He asked looking at me. I nodded my head slowly, "I'm sorry." He simply nodded and continued the drive, we were there in no time. I woke Kairi up and he got Kam's car seat, we all walked inside of the doctors office and I signed in as they sat down. Once I finished the paperwork and sat next to Dave, he was holding Kam while Kairi was playing on his phone. A young lady with her 3 kids came in and signed in, they sat in front of us. "You have a beautiful family." she complimented. Dave smiled, "Thank you."
"We did that huh Ry?" he cheesed. He was acting like somebody called his tall annoying  ass cute, she was mainly talking about the kids. I laughed and rolled my eyes, "Kairi and Kameron Brewster." the lady in the back called out. We all stood up and gathered our things,  heading to the back. They did their monthly checkup on Kai and everything was fine with her and then they did Kam. The entire appointment lasted about an hour or so, which is quicker than usual. On the way out we ran into Miss Asia, from the office. She had a little boy around Kairi's age, she stopped and spoke. "Hey Dave..Ryan is it?" she said with this fake smile plastered on her face. "You know my damn name." I said annoyed cause honestly I was tired of seeing this damn girl. "Why so hostile?" she asked placing her hand on her hip. "Aye chill, this is still my wife at the end of the day." Dave spoke up and said. "Really? Cause she wasn't your wife when you was laying in my bed or taking my son to the park." when she said that it took everything in me not to beat his ass or hers. I snatched the keys out of his hand and grabbed the car seat. I put both kids inside the car and got in, just as I was about to pull off he hopped into the passenger seat. "Ryan she's lying, I never even met her son let alone even be in her bed." he pleaded but I wasn't trying to hear anything he had to say. "What would she possibly have to lie about?!" I said pushing him as if he was gonna fall out or something. "She's that girls cousin! Remember when I caught yo ex nigga with some girl when I shot him? I shot her cousin too. I didn't find that shit out until after you left." He said lowering his tone. "That bitch been wanting me, she's been making passes at Chris too. She's looking for a come up and I refuse to be the one to give it to her. If you would've stuck around you would heard me when I told her that she was fired." he said looking at me. "Dave when is it enough?" was all I said the rest of the drive..

-
whew chile 🤦🏽‍♀️