28.

Ryan

It's been a few weeks and so far things have been going well, Dave has been holding up on his end. Kairi and I have been together everyday doing something different, she's been doing really good in preschool. Sorella has been doing amazing, Brooke has been seeing a new guy. I know it was difficult for her to move on since she lost Chris, but she's in a better headspace and we know that he would want her to be happy. It was different this time around but everybody's been adjusting well with the change. I was snapped out of my thoughts by Dave climbing into the bed, Kairi was asleep for the night and I was on the laptop looking for a new vanity for my makeup. My eyes were glued to the screen but I felt when he slid his hands inside my shirt. I looked over at him and he was laying on his side facing me, "yes babe?" I asked refocusing on what I was doing. "Come to bed, I'm tryna love on you and you got your eyes glued to that shit." he said. I chuckled and closed the laptop and sat it on the nightstand. I cut the lamp off and laid down, he pulled me closer to him and put my leg around him. His arm was around my waist, it was very little light coming from outside so we could see each other. I laid under him tracing the tattoos on his shoulders, he puckered his lips and I leaned over and kissed him a few times. He tried to deepen it but I knew what that would lead to, so I pulled away and tried to scoot back away from him. He pulled me back towards him, "Girl ain't nobody tryna get some, I feel that big ass diaper you got on." he said laying on his back with me damn near on top of him. "Shut up, now you would've been worried if I didn't get my period." I said rolling my eyes. "No I wouldn't, that just would mean that I shot the club up." he said with this cheesy grin. I frowned and scooted away from him and turned my back towards him. Why was this conversation annoying me? "Ryan Destiny what's wrong I'm just playing."
"I hear you David." I mumbled. I felt him get out of the bed and shortly after the light came on, I frowned wondering why was he doing this. "What's wrong?" He asked now standing in front of me. "Nothing, I just don't wanna talk about missing periods and shit." I said. "I was joking, I already know that you don't want anymore kids."
"But are you okay with that?" I asked now sitting up. "What do you mean by that?"
"Are you okay with the fact that I don't want anymore kids? Is Kairi enough for you?" I may have worded that bad but I'm sure he knew what I meant. "Ry, where is this shit coming from? I wasn't at first cause of course I want more kids but at the end of the day it's your body and I can't force you to have to more kids if that's not what you want. And you know Kairi is more than enough but you really want her to grow up alone? I mean yes she has CJ but what about if she wanted another sibling? Somebody she'll have when me and you are no longer here. But it isn't up to me on that so ima just drop it." He said walking out of the room. I sighed cause he had a point, I wanted Kairi to have someone she can grow up with. I got up and followed behind him, he was standing in my kitchen drinking a glass of water. I tapped him on his shoulder, he turned around and I wrapped my arms around his torso. "I'm sorry." I said loud enough for him to hear me. "Ry, there's no need to apologize." I heard him sigh as he rested his chin on my head. "I want Kai to have someone to grow up with but mentally I just don't know if I'm ready for to go through that again. Maybe in a year or so, we can start trying." I said giving in. I looked up at him and saw him smiling a bit, I said a year just to see where we would be at in our relationship. Cause he did have a point about the situation, I looked up at him and he pecked me on the lips. "I love you man." he said looking me in the eyes. "I love you too." I said wiping my lip gloss off his lips. "No like I love you more than anything in this world.." I smiled cause he was genuinely expressing how he felt about me. "I love you." I said looking in his eyes then his lips.

Dave

All the thoughts that ran through my head I had to push out, cause I knew shorty wasn't on that type of time. "Are you coming to bed?" she asked heading towards the room. "Yeah I'll be up there in a minute." I said as she disappeared up the stairs. Another 5 minutes or so went by and I went upstairs and when I made it to the room Ry was laying on her stomach asleep. And she was on my pillows, I chuckled and sat on the bed. I tapped her thigh, "baby, scoot over." I said as she moved over. I stripped out of my shirt and shorts and climbed into the bed. It was damn near 2am and I knew we had to be up early so Kai could get to school. Me and Ry had agreed that she would get Kai up and ready and I'll bring her to school. I actually find it funny cause when I do drop her off majority of the time its women dropping their kids off, and they try their best to get at me. And their sadly disappointed when they find out that I'm with her mother, and what's even crazier is it's mainly the nice white women, like they're pretty and all but they wouldn't know what to do with me. I felt my eyes getting heavy and laid back and got comfortable.
A few hours later I woke up and saw Ryan getting dressed, "What time is it?" I asked not bothering to move. "7:13 I was about to drop Kai off, give you a break." she said coming towards me. She leaned down and pecked me on the lips, when she went to pull away I pulled her on top of me. "How much longer I gotta wait." I said in frustration. She chuckled, "another few days." I grabbed ahold of her ass, "damn ya shit fat."