22.

Ryan

After the other night when Dave came by, I guess you could say our relationship was better. It was still too soon to tell, he wanted us to bring Kairi out to a park and maybe grab some lunch. I agreed but I let Antonio know what my plans were, so I wouldn't come of as sneaky or secretive. Not that he would think that but you never know, he seemed to be fine with it so I got ready myself and Kai ready for the day. I just made it simple for the both of us and put on her adidas tracksuit, I did her hair and then got started on getting myself together. I decided to keep it plain, I wore this t shirt with some sweats. I slipped on my slides and made sure I had everything I needed for the day. My phone rung and before I knew it, Kairi was walking around the house talking with my phone in her hands. "Kairi Chanel who are you talking to?" I said following behind her. "I'm talking to my daddy." she said shushing me. I looked at nothing in particular wondering who she was talking to, possessive ass like girl he was my daddy before he was yours. I chuckled to myself cause why in the hell did I think like that? Once I had everything ready I told her to bring me my phone, once she handed it to me I saw that Dave was still on the phone. "Hello?" I said seeing if he was still there. "Wassup baby mama?" I rolled my eyes as if he could see me. "Hey baby daddy, we're about to leave so I'll call you when we're close." I said grabbing my purse. "Alright." we said our goodbyes and I told Kairi to come on. She came down the stairs dragging her little backpack behind her. I chuckled cause she looked so cute, we carried the bag around with her iPad and charger inside so she doesn't lose it. I locked up the house and walked behind her towards the car. I hit the locks and opened the door for her, I stood there while she properly strapped herself in. I closed the door and opened the drivers door and climbed in. I started the car and turned on the heater, I let her get situated with her ipad before I pulled off. We were on our way to this diner in the Bronx, it was about a 30 minute drive so I played music.

                                    Dave

While I finished getting ready I couldn't help but to feel anxious. Why? Who the fuck knows. The drive to the diner wasn't long since I didn't live far away unlike Ryan. I sat at the table on my phone scrolling down Instagram. I saw that Ry had posted this morning.

@RyanDestiny : heavy on the pretty🧚🏽‍♀️

I scrolled and looked at the comments and one stuck out.

@600Breezy : wit yo fine ass 👅

I was assuming that this was the man in her life, cause she responded with a heart and kissy face emoji. I simply liked the picture and clicked out of the app. The owner of the diner was very familiar with me and Ryan since when we first started dating we would come here. Not only that most of our meetups were here if they weren't at one of our houses. Another 5 minutes or so had went by when I heard the door open and in came Kairi with Ryan close behind her. "Daddy!" she squealed running towards me. I stood to my feet and embraced her into a hug when she jumped into my arms. I was happy that no matter the circumstances me and Ryan always managed to keep Kairi out of it. This hasn't always been the case but I'm glad Kairi wasn't old enough to understand what had went on in the past. Ryan stood there awkwardly as me and babygirl had a moment. Kai slid into the booth and sat next to me. Ryan slid into the seat across from us and said hey to me. I smiled cause she looked damn good, she had her face all in her phone and instead of saying something smart I decided against it cause I had no energy to argue. The waitress came towards our table and greeted us, "Hey Dave and Ry it's been awhile." she said with a smile. "I know how have you been Lisa?" Ry asked with a smile. "I've been good, I'm happy to see that you two are still going strong." she said with a smile. I didn't know if she was being funny or not came damn near the whole New York knew that me and her wasn't together nomore. But at the same time she's up in age so she probably doesn't know what's going on in the streets. I know Ryan wanted to let her know that we weren't together but Kairi hasn't fully been told what's been going on, to her mommy and daddy just work a lot so that's why we aren't around each other a lot. "Thank you, relationships aren't easy but I'm glad we've managed to remain strong all these years later." Ry said to Ms. Lisa. In my mind I couldn't believe she just sat up here and lied with a straight face but it just further proves how solid she is cause she could've just said we wasn't together but it also wasn't anyone's business what we had going on. The waitress smiled and proceeded to take our order, Ryan ordered a cheeseburger with loaded fries meanwhile Kairi just got chicken tenders with fries and this big ass milkshake. I got a steak with potatoes, just to keep it simple since I was trying to go on this lil diet. Cause at this point of my life I no longer had a six pack, I was walking around with a dad gut. And Ryan's ass was snatched, I was jealous cause she was the one who had the kids. Once the food came, we all ate in a comfortable silence other than Kai telling us about her random thoughts. Ryan just looked at us every once in awhile, and every time she smiled seeing how happy Kairi was. She snapped a few pictures of Kairi and me, I knew they were for memories and she was gonna send them to me.

                                        Ryan

After lunch with the twins we were about to go our separate ways, that is until Kai decided that she wanted to leave with Dave. I didn't object cause if she was with him I could hopefully get some work done with Sorella. I had sent him the pictures I took of him and Kairi and responded with a simple 'thank you' I knew he would post them on his social media cause most of his pictures was of Kairi or him doing his daily activities. Once we departed from the restaurant the drive home was silent since I was by myself. I was on my phone while I was sitting in traffic and of course he posted on his Instagram.

 I was on my phone while I was sitting in traffic and of course he posted on his Instagram

@DaveEast : spending time with my seed 💙 #KairiChanel

#KairiChanel

I liked the picture and kept scrolling, once I realized that traffic was moving I put my phone away and focused on the road. When I was around the corner from the house my phone started ringing. It was Dave, I answered wondering if anything was wrong. "Hello?" I said into the phone. "Ryan could you please tell Kai that she can't get a dog." he was sounding stressed and laughed to myself cause little did he know he was dealing with the female version of himself. "No you can't have a dog, whenever you get back we can go get you a fish or something." I said trying to reason with her but she wasn't trying to hear nothing I was saying after I said no. I sighed listening to her throw her fit, "well give me a sister!" I heard her scream as she was crying. I choked on my spit when she said that and clearly Dave did too. "Alright Kairi Chanel Brewster that's enough." I heard Dave say sternly. Once he said that she instantly stopped crying, she knew he was serious cause he rarely ever raised his voice at her. I was definitely the one who did all the disciplining when it came to her cause Dave didn't like doing it. "Alright Ry I'll call you later." he said ending the conversation. "Okay kiss my baby for me." I said hanging up. I sighed cause what made her want a sister? She was too young to understand the situation with Kam so was this a way for her to grieve? Only time could tell with this thing called life....

-
Hey y'all it's been awhile 😅I've been dealing with a lot in my personal life not only that I've had bad writers block -well I still do I'm just going with the flow with this book cause I really wanna finish this book. Anyways what are you guys thoughts on this chapter ?