Leaving

It was dark as can be, Zeref had a travel pack on and was marching towards the gate.

He had spoken to Sasuke after they both calmed down and came to the agreement that it was first come first serve.

If he wanted to save Itachi he had to be fast, so that was the plan.

Zerefs plan was to head to head to the dragon realm and increase his speed here, however to do so he needs to get to the land of Scales, a hidden land way above the mountains.

The darkness grew in his eyes as he stared blankly at the huge gates that lead to his escape.

He looked back to see Sasuke place the pink haird female on the bench before walking ahead of him, his eyes were completely covered by his hair.

He too was about to walk out of the gates, when a scared voice rung through his head.

"Don't" she begged.

He looked back, his inky eyes locking onto her pearly pair. He always loved the hint of lavender that rested in them and with the moon shining on her dark blue hair.... she looked angelic.

"I can't stay.."

"B- but must y-you go" she shot back.

His eyes could no longer gaze into he innocent ones, he felt guilt, he had to go, but she could not come with as much as his heart desired it.

"Please... don't make this difficult" he begged.

The figure ahead turned back, his eyes were harsh, and hurt.

"Are you coming or not" he demanded.

He got no response.

The angelic figure moved into her stance... no... their stance.

"I can't a-and w-w-won't let you d-do this... Zeref" her eyes held determination and promise.

Said male sighed, he dissapeared in a flash.

He stood behind her, and chopped the back of her neck, knocking her out cold.

Time moved in slow motion as the female fell and lost consciousness but she heard his regret filled voice.

"Forgive me.... Hinata" he said as she passed out into his arms. Zeref used the flying Rijin seal he had placed on his room and teleported Hinata onto his bed.

He continued to walk with His brother figure before the pair met up with a few others.

Zeref held out his fist.

"This is where we part... good luck Sasuke" he said.

"Hn, remember first come first serve. If I find Itachi I will kill him" he responded holding his fist up.

"Let the race..." Zeref started.

"Begin" they finished together, their fists connected, and Zeref flashed out of Sasuke's sight.

He didn't flash too far since he didn't mark anything out of the village, but it was far enough to give him a big head start from Konoha who will no doubt be onto Sasuke and him in a few hours.

It took 12 hours of running to get out of the land of fire.

He wasn't sure about Sakura, but Hinata would wake up in about 4, that meant he had 4 hours to get as far as possible.

He needed to get to Kumogakure, since the village was so high in the sky, it would give Kai a great head start to take him to the land of Dragons.

This was a race against time.