Attack on Konoha

Previously

"Hinata, you've got this"

"He's late"

"I hate you"

"Naruto might win this one"

"Take them off Zeref!"

"No holding back"

"This is perfect"

______________________________________

The sand siblings weren't that far ahead, they did have to carry Gaara after all, but he could tell they were going to do something about it very soon.

While chasing them, Zeref gave a silent prayer that his clones would be able to get a hold of the scrolls that he needed, but sudden fluctuation in Chakra snapped his attention at Kankuro who was now holding him back.

The pair stopped and Zeref noticed as the two got further away.

The pair engaged in a Taijutsu battle, before Zeref jumped over Kankuro and punched wrapped up puppet on his back, only for it to groan, and have the real Kankuro jump out.

"Down side to the Chunin exams, everyone knows your greatest tricks." Zeref said.

Kankuro growled, a little annoyed at exposed so quickly but that didn't mean he was going to give up, he had to stall time.

Shino then suddenly appears in front of Zeref.

"Go ahead, why? Because I will keep him here" Shino says.

Zeref smirks slightly.

"Thanks Shino" he said before dissapearing in a cloud of smoke. It had seemed that the Zeref Kankuro was fighting was a clone.

Shino smiles, knowing that one of his friends actually cared to remember his name.

The real Zeref had caught up to Temari and Gaara and was now standing infront of them to prevent them from going any further.

Gaara noticed Zeref's arrival and swiped Temari out of the way so the two could battle.

As Gaara felt the need to kill grow a transformation took place forming a monstrous arm made from sand.

Zeref bolted at Gaara who attack with his new increase in speed and strength.

The two exchanged blows from the trees, jumping across them to land hits.

Gaara for a brief second looked into Zeref's eyes, which allowed him to lock him into a Genjutsu. It was o ly for a few seconds, but those seconds allowed Zeref to create 100 clones which all surrounded the boy.

Each clone giving out their own different type of, wind or fire Jutsu's the dand slowly started to melt, which started to burn Gaara.

Gaaa sprouted a tail made from sand and used it to attack the clones surrounding him.

Gaara who once again increased in speed and strength rushed to attack Zeref who dodge and booted Gaara through a tree right as Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke arrive.

Sasuke jumped in and tries to Chidori Gaara, and even though it grazes the boys arm, Gaara smacks Sasuke with his tail, sending Sasuke through multiple trees, and landing next to Temari.

Sakura tends to Sasuke with Pakkun and even looks after Temari.

Gaara who was blinded by rage Charges at Sasuke, angered by the boy for interrupting his fight between him and Zeref.