Chunin exams: Final

Previously

"Who the hell are you?"

"Where am I?"

"Let's do this"

"Why are you here?"

"Tomorrow is another day"

______________________________________

Zeref stood in the stadium filled to the brim with civilians and Ninjas alike. There was no sign of Sasuke, Naruto, or dosu, not that Zeref cared about the last one.

He looked next to him to see Hinata shaking in fear. Though the bandages on her arms confirmed she trained hard.

Zeref could also see Neji glaring at her from the corner of his eye, the first match would no doubt be brutal.

Naruto soon rushed in screaming about bulls, but everyone (wisely) chose to ignore him.

Even though Sasuke was no where to be seen it was time for the matches to begin.

"First match, Hinata Vs Neji" Genma announced.

Everyone went to the stands except for Hinata and Neji. If Zeref didn't know any better he probably would have claimed that this match was set up by some idiotic higher power. (Hey, I just give what the readers want!)

He would have preferred to be the one to fight Neji, but Zeref has faith in his sparing partner, after all, Hinata managed to pin him down a few times.

Standing across from each other in their battle stances, Neji held one of power, confidence and pride. While Hinata held one of worry, fear, and shame.

Civilians wouldn't be able to tell the difference but every Shinobi watching the match could see that if Hinata didn't have more confidence it was almost a guaranteed loss.

"This is bad" Zeref muttered, he watched the two like a hawk, his eyes not once glancing away from the Hyugas below.

"What's bad?" Naruto asks.

"Hinata has no confidence in herself. If she thinks like that she will lose." Katsu explained.

The two stood for a while, they were talking but only those with good hearing could hear them, clearly while to everyone else it sounded like whispering.

"What's happening?" Naruto asked but everyone shushed him.

"Byakugan!" Neji shouted, veins appeared around his eyes and they seemed sharper than before.

Looking into Neji's eyes Hinata was frozen with fear. She could see the anger in them, the hatred, and it scared her to no end.

"You can't fool my eyes" Neji said.

Zeref could only hear it clearly thanks to his now enhanced hearing.

"You cannot change..." Neji said.

"You Can!" Naruto shouted.

Everyone's eyes were on Naruto.

"Beat him up, Hinata!" Naruto shouted once again.

Hinata's eyes shifted from fear to confidence.

"Byakugan!" She shouted.

Zeref gave a small smirk.

"Nii-San let's fight" she said.

Neji stood in his own battle stance.

And just like that the two rushed to eachother and attacked.