2 weeks in Kumo

Previously

"I'm going on a trip"

"You never listen, something is wrong"

"I'll kill you"

"Who are you?"

"Wanna be friends"

"Don't worry Panda-kun I'll see you again."

________________《■》_________________

Zeref was in the training field swinging his sword. It was considerably easier thanks to all those days training with the sword shaped weight.

He and Gaara have very much kept in touch over the last 2 years. He would dare say the boy is one of, if not his closest friend.

Gaara also became used to Zeref randomly hugging the poor boy though his sand won't let anyone else touch him.

But with with this training Zeref came to the realisation that he actually had no idea what he was doing.

He trained with scroll from the Hokage to better his Ninjutsu.

He trained with Kurenai, to get stronger Genjustu's.

He also trained with Lee to help his Taijutsu, Zeref didn't beleive he could handle Gai. Not yet anyway.

His fuinjutsu was going strong thanks to a scroll he found in the old mans office.

His knowledge on the Uchiha and Itachi is still slim but getting better.

But With Kenjutsu there was no master in Konoha, they were usually defeated in that regard, or at least that's what all history books say.

The place best known for Kenjutsu was Kumogakure but they Hated Konoha, and it's people, however if he wanted to get better he would have to risk it.

He headed to the Hokage's office to let him no know about his travel plans.

"No" The Hokage denied.

"Why?" Zeref asked.

"Kumo hates us, allowing you to travel there is the same as sending you to your death" he explained.

"I cannot train in kenjutsu in a land that does not have a master in it." Zeref argued.

"We have plenty of Kenjutsu users. Gekko Hayate being one of our best" Sarutobi explained.

"But if he went up against a basic Kumo in a one on one would he win" Zeref asked bluntly.

The Hokage thought about it, could he? Kumo trained all their Shinobi in the art of Kenjutsu during the Academy, any that wanted to persue further could.

Hayate only started to learn a little bit before he was announced Chunin, any of their Shinobi would definitely have more experience.

"Most likely" he decided.

"That's not a yes, that a depending on the situation." Zeref replied in a monotone voice.

"The answer is still no" Hiruzen demanded.

Zeref eyes flashed red for a millisecond, only a few caught it.

"Very well then " Zeref stated standing up.

"Promise me, I know what your like" the Hokage stated seriously.

"I vow not to go to Kumo unless I have consent " he stated.