Bet with a Drunk

Previously

"We're going After a friend"

"You ok?"

"You'll be training with them"

"Itachi"

"ITACHI!"

"I know dammit!"

"The bastard who bit me"

"I hate this"

"Should I leave?"
______________________________________

The wind calmly blew a stray peice of hair away from Zeref's face as his closed eyes squeezed in concentration. His breath was slow and ragged, sweat glisten on his forehead and concentration was evident in his form.

Taking another deep breath, Zeref continued. The noises of a frustrated Naruto in the background.

With a sudden fluctuation in his Chakra, Zeref's eyes snapped open as he took greedy gulps of air.

"You ok?" Naruto asked.

Both Sensei's were in the town nearby to look for information on where Tsunade was.

"H- H.... Hai!" Zeref wheeled out.

Pain flowed through his entire Chakra system, which made his whole body hurt.

"Your struggling too huh? This balloon won't pop they way Pervy sage did, beleive it" Naruto grumbled out.

"Yeah, my Chakra Nature, and my Spiritual Chakra won't combine, and it's causing me pain" Zeref replied.

"Hey! Maby we could give eachother ideas!" Naruto shouted.

Zeref raised an eyebrow, but he was out of ideas and didn't see a problem with trying.

"Hn. Ok then" Zeref muttered.

"Ooh! Ooh! I'll go first.. umm.. have you tried matching the flow of the two Chakras?" Naruto asked.

Zeref sat up shockingly quickly.

He hadn't tried that, and it was smart, Zeref looked at Naruto in slight shock. Was he always this clever? Or was it a one time thing.

"No, I haven't. That could work. Ok my turn, have you tried spinning your Chakra in multiple directions?" Zeref asked.

Now it was Naruto's turn to be shocked.

"I can't believe I haven't tried that yet!!" He shouted.

"Believe it" Zeref muttered earning a playful glare from Naruto.

With the fresh ideas in mind the pair were determined to get it right.

Zeref entered his meditative state once more and grabbed the two Chakra flows.

He then altered both his spiritual and Fire nature Chakra to flow at the same level.

He then held the two close to eachother and allowed his fire Nature to Naturally integrate itself into the flow of his spiritual Nature.

Slowly his spiritual Nature morphed from a sharp blue to a soft red, and instead of harshly rejecting, Zeref felt his body became Naturally warmer.

Finally opening his eyes, Zeref had came to the realisation that he had done it. Although no one could see thanks to his Uchiha Gene's, the pupil of his eyes slitted.

He looked over to Naruto and saw the peices of the popped baloon on the grass below them.

Both of them had completed the first stage.