→Newt AU- Incoherent Presence←

Your POV

I felt it again.

I felt a touch similar to a human touch. Though, when I look around my surroundings, nobody was there. It's been happening more frequently nowadays whenever I'm alone in my room.

This time, my scalp felt as if it was being brushed with someone else's fingers once I was almost on the brink of breaking down due to the sudden bombardment of school works laid on top of a silver platter. I just finished the used-to-be last homework from my to-do list. Then these professors posted a boat load of work again.

Whatever it was that I am feeling, I felt somewhat comforted as it travelled down towards my shoulders and down to my upper arms. As I said, it's been happening for many weeks. Yet I still think somebody was in my room with me.

Then again, there was no one there.

I wasn't sure if I should be frightened about this. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

But what if someone really is in my room? Just in a spiritual kind of form? I don't know.

At this point, all I could think about is my own bed. So I closed my laptop as well as the lamp on my desk and cleaned up after myself before I laid myself down on my bed. The warmth of one of my most valuable furniture immediately engulfed me into drifting off to sleep.

I paid no attention to the work that I have to do any longer. It wasn't due until next week, anyway.

As soon as I let my eyes close by itself, I felt something soft and warm that touched my forehead. I heard something whispering into my ear, though I didn't mind it anymore as I kay on my bed with my sense shut down until the next morning.

****

Third person POV

The annoying buzzing sound of Newt's alarm clock started blaring into his ears. He wouldn't usually pay attention to it and just turn it off again to go back to sleep before their synchronous session started. Although, this time, he was up with a heart rate as fast as a rabbit's pace.

It has been happening a lot recently, according to his observations every morning. His dream somewhat got him to fully awaken. It was always a blur, but he knew it was always the same thing; all he could always see was a blurry image of a room as well as a blurry female figure, minding her own business. Then, he would embrace her from time to time or kiss her either on the cheek or on the forehead before she herself went to sleep.

Whatever his dream was every time, though, he quite liked it. He even caught feelings for the girl in his dreams even though her face was all smudged and he hardly knew her. He wished this thing wouldn't end.

However, he also wished he would meet her someday.

Newt never questioned his dreams. The only thing that's bombarding his head with questions was who this person was.

Does he know her from somewhere?

Were they friends in real life?

Was she a friend of his best mate?

He could never find the right answers to them. Regardless, he needed to eat something before he attends his online class.

Afterwards, he brushed his teeth and combed his hair. He wasn't in the mood to change his grey shirt anymore compared to the week they started this method of learning. No one was even complaining. Why bother to dress up as if he was heading out?