Simon Brown AU- Upon the Blue Walls pt. 4

The last hour of their examinations had ended with the last person submitting their papers. Not one planned out to actually stand still behind the classroom and wait for the rest of them to finish, they just did. They waited for a long time and watched as another got to join them into waiting for them.

Once every classmate of Y/N had gathered up at the very back of the classroom, they all stared at the examiner who was returning the gaze. The silence was immensely uncomfortable, they didn't know what do they do next. Not one has an idea if the examiner wishes to speak or just leave casually.

In the blink of an eye, the examiner took in a deep breath. "I shall send the results to your teacher." He announced as he packed his things before walking towards the exit. Y/N being the one to get her classmates to make way for him. "Miss Laputa ought to spread them to all of youse and that is it."

He took one last glance at them and tipped his hat. "Until then, you may breathe as the biggest challenge of this examination process is over. Have a good day, everyone."

As soon as he walked out of the door, others calmly followed him out in order to let the examiner close the school for the day. The students and the examiner parted ways shortly after.

Soon enough, they were all grinning, laughing and squealing in both excitement and relief. "We did it!" One of Y/N's classmates exclaimed as they all gave each other celebratory hugs and handshakes.

Y/N was filled with so much joy that she jumped into Simon's arms, taking him by surprise. "We did it!" She sighed out whilst letting the blushing Simon Brown wrap his arms around her.

"Indeed we did." He chuckled out softly. He had always wanted to find out what would Y/N's embrace feel like whenever he sees his sisters hugging them after bidding their goodbyes. He was never aware that her hugs were so warm and comforting and caring. It endeared him.

Though, it endeared him too much that he didn't want to pull away. And neither did Y/N.

They remained there for so long that their classmates' celebratory chatters quietened down when they spotted the both of them, caught in each other's embrace that was too long for just a friendly gesture. Their silence became a cue for Y/N to realize that she's been hugging Simon for an excessively long time.

So, she immediately, but gently, pushed him away. "Sorry.." She chuckled nervously. Quiet squeals can be heard from the girls her age as she formally apologized to Simon.

"'Tis all right." Simon replied with a voice crack that was very uncalled for.

Before anything else could happen; such as an awfully uncomfortable silence; One of Simon's friends, Millard Bayard, chimed in, "Let's start our celebration! The beach is just a thirty-minute walk from here! We could have a picnic and play games!"

****

And so, they started to spend their whole afternoon running around the beach and digging their toes in the sand. While others made sand castles, others were eating the fruit tarts Y/N had brought as well as drinking the ginger beer one of the guys had brought with him.

They were all still dry with the wind blowing their hair as well as their clothes. Until Simon had a play fight with Millard past the shoreline. Whilst they were pushing each other playfully and slightly roughly, they didn't notice Y/N's back was behind them, looking for sea shells and/or small hermit crabs. And due to Millard pushing Simon too strong, he bumped into her back with a powerful impact, causing her to lose balance and face-plant into the water.

Y/N's yelp was heard before she clashed into the upcoming wave. Girls and boys giggled and cackled by her funny stance before she fell down.

Though, it was no longer funny when the wave pried off of the land and Y/N was no longer there where she was supposed to be retracted onto.