Thomas Brodie- Sangster (AU)- 'Fake' Couple pt. 2

"I'm sorry, what?" Y/N's voice became raspy, struggling to prevent herself from coughing up. It's not that, she didn't want to. She just wanted to focus on her studies more before she does what she wants to do with her life.

As much as it was a wrong move, Thomas didn't back down with the offer. He tried repeating his question, "Will you be my fa-"

"Don't answer. It's an obvious rhetorical question." But Y/N cut him off. Well, there's another one thought that would keep me up all night. She thought to herself as she rubbed her temple.

"Why? Wh-Why the bloody hell did you even consider me doing that stupid idea? Out of all the people." Y/N started questioning herself if giving him that idea of getting a fake girlfriend was the wisest decision she had even made.

"Well, you're the-"

"Don't you dare say that it's because I'm the only lady friend you have, because there's a boat load of desperate girls out there that would kill to be with you even if it was a synthetic relationship." Y/N preceded as if she read his mind.

Thomas scoffed, "You're the one who gave the idea in the first place!" He argued.

"But that doesn't mean-" Y/N held back her tongue and didn't argue no more. She pinched the bridge of her nose out of stress as the situation had already overflowed her mind.

A lot of questions came flooding in her head.

What if it affects my grades?

How will my parents take it if my grades did go downhill?

What if my friends turn in against me?

Thomas suddenly snapped her out of trance. She got confused as saw him worry about her. It was then she realized, her anxiety was kicking in along with a slight panic attack. "I'm... I'm sorry." She mumbled.

Thomas knew she would refuse. But it was worth a shot, he thought. "It's okay. You don't have to do it." He consoled, "But please, think about it."
The boy looked into her E/C eyes as he pleaded. Y/N couldn't resist and nodded as if her body has a mind of its own.

Soon, Thomas' parents were home. Y/N cleared up her school work as it was time for her to go home. She waited for them by the door to greet them a good night. "Thank you so much for babysitting my little Ava." Tasha smiled as she took off her coat.

"Ah, it was a pleasure, Miss Bertram." Y/N politely replied as she grinned back bashfully.

"Oh, please, how many times do I have to tell you? Just call me Tasha, sweetheart." Thomas' mother chuckled, "You received your payment?" The girl nodded.

"I'll show myself out. Have a good night." She turned to glance at Thomas one last time before closing the door to leave.

****

The H/C haired girl lied on her bed and stared at the ceiling. It was already past midnight and she was still trapped in her own thoughts. More specifically, the thought of Thomas wanting a fake relationship with her.

She kept on listing the pros and cons of it. And boy, the cons were winning. That's was it. Her problem was solved. She'd just say no. He would've understood it after all.

With that, she eventually went to sleep in relief. Or so she thought.

Suddenly, she felt guilt rushing through her. She suddenly felt selfish for what she wanted.

Why am I even making a big deal out of this?

The next morning, Thomas got to school with so much uncertainty. He was getting tedious of his friends setting him up with someone.