Newt- Where Could She Be? pt. 2

Newt felt his heart drop as the walls started closing the gap. It had him running towards it, but Gally and Winston stopped him from doing so. "Let me go!" He demanded as he started thrashing from their grip. Tears stung his eyes as the opening had become smaller and smaller.

Gally beckoned Winston to pull him back, "Newt, you're not allowed to leave! The Griev--"

"Does it look like I bloody care?" Newt bellowed after he eventually slipped out of their grip. He tried running as fast as he could, not caring if his limp was aching for him to stop. All he could think about was Y/N. He couldn't just leave her in the Maze. At night.

He couldn't lose her. Not her. Not the one who he loved ever so much.

"Y/N!" He shouted for her name even though there was no point of calling out for her. He never stopped banging his fists on the wall as soon as it closed, hoping that the Creators would open them just this once.

But it was no use.

His knees grew weak that it made him kneel down. His tears kept falling down his face, yet his face didn't show emotion. Though his eyes told otherwise. His brown eyes were filled with nothing but sorrow.

He couldn't be sure she was already dead. But no one's ever survived a night in the Maze.

He suddenly felt someone touch his shoulder. It couldn't be Alby. Nor Gally. "I'm sorry, Newt." Minho croaked. Guilt was eating him up. I should've went with her, Minho blamed himself.

Newt didn't move a muscle at all. He just knelt there with a glum look on his face. His vision became blurry after tears welled up his eyes even more.

It was too late. And Newt couldn't shake it off. "She promised she'd be careful." He whispered after a lump was caught on his throat before he slowly turned to his friend, "She promised, Minho."

He didn't mean to pour his emotions out on his friend. He'd usually just keep it to himself or he'd have Y/N listen. But where is she now? "Minho, I can't lose her." He choked out, "I don't want to lose her." Minho didn't know what else to do except to comfort his friend. Though he swore to himself that he'd find her for Newt.

Later that evening, Newt didn't bother to show up at dinner. He went straight to his room in the homestead and sat himself on his hammock that was widened with two pieces of wooden poles since he shared it with Y/N.

Choked sobs were let out from his lips. He shook as he inhaled through his stuffy red nose. He couldn't help but blame himself. He shouldn't have let her go into that maze.

Now here he was, wondering where she could be.

****

1 year later

Y/N let out a shrill as Doctor A. D. Janson fired up the electric simulator she was strapped in once again. Her night terrors got triggered that it occurred into her mind while she was partially out cold.

"No! Stop, please!" Her voice was starting to sound dry, "I won't do it again, just stop!" She begged. A moment ago, she started a fight with a young doctor named Emily as she told her she never belonged to her Maze. That it was a horrible mistake to put her inside group A because she was only a burden to them.

When Janson got to their cell, he found Emily on the floor by her stomach with a bruised cheek and a bloody nose with Y/N on top of her, who was almost breaking her arm by trying to bend it the other way.

Now there they were, Y/N was strapped on an electric simulator getting electrocuted whilst they harvest her blood at the same time. "That's what you said after you beat up the last three girls. You're out of control, subject A8."