→Paul McCartney- Stage Fright Effects←

Thanks for the request MrsWeasleyHargreeves ✨✨

I may or may not have put tiny tweaks to your request, but I still hope you'll like it!

><>◎⊙◎<><

Your POV

I am immediately regretting this.

The whole auditorium is packed with people. How ironic.

I can't even sing in front of my family. What made myself think that I, a person whose heart rate inhumanly increases when people are watching, could let out even a single note to a big crowd. Not to mention, most of the my schoolmates as well as my family and relatives were in the very same auditorium.

Some came to support me; some came to prove to themselves that I'm not fitted for being a performer nor a member of John's group; some came to just pretty much take a toll on me.

Of course, I can never blame the ones who never took a liking for my voice. It is life after all. I don't control what they can or can't like.

Regardless, I am still wondering how I got into this. I want to be a performer, yes; this is a great opportunity for me as well. But, I cannot seem to reach this particular dream because of my fear of people or simply just not having the ability to speak to them without stumbling my words. No matter how close I am to achieving it.

"Are you all right, Lovely?" I was internally having a breakdown when my boyfriend, Paul, talked to me. He already had his guitar strapped onto his shoulder, looking handsome in his suit like always.

He could feel how cold my hands were when he took the both of them in his own. It concerned him. "Yeah... Yeah, I'm fine!" I said to him in the most reassuring way I can.

Though, my trembling voice said otherwise. "Are you sure? Your voice doesn't really sound fine." Paul chuckled.

"I'm a... little nervous.."

Little?  Hell, I'm close to having a panic attack. "I know shouldn't be, but I am." I started scratching my upper arm out of habit when I get stage fright.

Paul couldn't help but laugh softly, "It's okay to be nervous, Y/N. It's normal." He kissed the tip of my nose in reassurance. "Just remember to not let it get the best of you and you'll be fine."

"Oh, but that's easier said than done." I replied, my voice was starting to faintly waver up.

Before Paul could give me another response, John already came in whilst throwing away his smoked up cigarette. "All right, lovebirds, enough with the sweet talk and get in your places." He chimed, fixing up his sideburns one more time before holding his guitar. "Let's get rockin', yeah?"

Shit, I'm still not prepared.

Was my outfit okay? Is my hair messed up? All of a sudden I need water.

I wanted to go to the lavatory, but the curtains were already opening up. I was subconsciously widening my eyes due to the anxiety I was feeling. It was too late to check and fix something when the people have seen me as well as the rest of the band.