Hands Down- Chapter 2

"What?" Marilyn exclaimed through the phone.

"I said I'd like to file a divorce.." I repeated to her.

I can sense that she wants to ask me the question Stella asked me before I do this. But she contained herself.

"All right, one question though.."

"What is it?" I questioned her.

"Does your partner agree with this?" I hesitated for a moment to say yes. But I remembered that I was doing this for good.

"Y-yes, he agreed." I lied as I pursed my lips and pace back and forth in the studio.

"Okay, I'll be mailing it to you."

"Could you please mail it in as soon as possible?" I requested. I just wanted to get it over with.

"Sure.. I mean I live a few blocks away from you, I can mail it to you in about.. maybe an hour?"

"Oh, thank you very much Marilyn!" I thanked her.

"No problem, Y/N. Expect me ringing your doorbell for the divorce papers later on."

"Alright, thank you again Marilyn. Bye." With that, I ended the call and took a deep breath.

It's for the best, isn't it? So there's no turning back now.

I get out of the studio and walked up to mine and Thomas' room. I see him still peacefully sleeping on the bed, holding the pillow tighter into his arms. Tears started to rush in my eyes but I swallowed it down, feeling the lump on my throat.
I went into my closet and grabbed a duffle bag big enough to fit my stuff in it and an extra backpack. I mean I don't really own a lot of things and clothes in this household, so there's no trouble for me in packing.

I took out all my clothes and sort it out. I separated them and returned every piece of clothing Thomas gave to me back in the closet. I put all of my clothes in the duffle bag, well except for the outfit I'm going to wear. I put most of my undergarments in a zip lock bag in put it in my backpack. I put all of my other things- which is my toiletries and my notebook where I write songs in- in my duffle bag. I put the other two pairs of shoes I only own in my backpack as well.

Lastly, I grabbed my bass guitar and my acoustic guitar then I put them in their cases.

When I was done clearing up my things and packing them in, I took a quick shower to freshen up a little and get dressed. Which consists of a tartan button-up shirt, skinny jeans, and grey slip-on shoes.

 Which consists of a tartan button-up shirt, skinny jeans, and grey slip-on shoes

Of course, I can't forget the only accessory I own: my mother's bracelet. It only took me an hour to do eveything after I brushed my hair and teeth.

When I was done, I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen then wrote down a note for Thomas to say goodbye. And as if on cue, I hear a knock on the front door after I wrote the letter. That must be Marilyn.