→ Newt- You can't give up ←

Third person's POV

The gladers and Aris were gathered around the fire with gloomy faces. Thinking about the events that happened during the day. They were eight when they escaped from a place where the cranks are. Now they were seven.

They lost Winston from the flare and figured out that some of them are like him; Non-immune.

They were all silent. The others were fiddling with something, and the others were just staring at the fire. They were spending the night in the middle of nowhere so they can have the strength the get on their feet and find the Right Arm to find a place where they belong with them.

Y/N is holding a wooden pendant in her hand that her brother, Winston gave to her before he put himself out of misery. She gripped it tightly in her hand. Not only she was devastated that her brother died, but also she's starting to lose hope at everything; finding the Right Arm and the paradise, finding a home where they belong.

She stood up silently and walked away from her friends to be alone. She sat down far away from them and a tear started falling. She looked at the pendant he gave her once more. Y/N knew Winston said to never lose hope. But she can barely hold on to that quote even before he got infected.

Suddenly, she heard footsteps from behind. She already knew it was Newt. He was the only one who can comfort her every time she feels down. She took a glance up from him as he sat down beside her and sighed as she looked down again.

"You never stopped over thinking about everything since we left the maze have you?" He spoke up. Y/N stayed silent, still staring at her brother's gift. "You should quit doing that, It's not a good habit." Newt remarked to her.

"How can I stop when I was the reason we're stuck here?" Y/N muttered to him. She looked him with the eyes filled with sorrow.

"No, love, you were the reason we're free," he cupped her cheek gently to get her to look at him. Y/N scoffed and pulled away from Newt's hold, "I don't even know where we're headed. Even Thomas has no idea." She protested.

"You were lost too when we were in the maze.." he recalled.

"I know, but that's different," she blurted out to him. "I don't even know why I took the lead, they're already having doubts with me.." she said negatively as she covered her face with her hands. "Hey," Newt took her hands away from her face and looked her in the eye. "Love, they may have they're doubts but they are still going to follow you." He soothed.

She looked at his hands holding hers, it always comforts her whenever he does that. "Well they follow you too," Y/N stated.

"No, that's different with me, and you know it," he looked at her, "we all have our roles to play, love. And yours and Thomas's to lead the way and we'll support and follow you anywhere."

"But I failed, I got you lost. Sure, we got lost before but this time's different. I-I don't know where we're heading, I-I don't know which direction should we take.. I.." Y/N paused and sighed, "I can't even feel the hope I used to have.."

Newt just stared for a while, "come here, love," he spread his arm for her to get in. So she did and Newt wrapped his arm around her waist, "there is a place for us where we belong, I know it's out there somewhere,"

"I don't know where it is, but I know for a fact that a whole lot of our friends died for us to get this far." Y/N lets him continue and listen, "We can't give up.. You can't give up. I won't let you.." Newt finished with a kiss on her temple.

"I love you, Y/N, don't give up on me. I'm gonna marry you and have a family with you remember?" He added. Y/N chuckled, "yeah, Newt, I remember."

He smiled and pressed his lips to hers. She happily kissed back and cupped his cheek.

They pulled away to catch their breath, "I love you too," Y/N told him. She snuggled into the crook of his neck as Newt smiled in content. "Let's get get some sleep, yeah?" She nodded and pulled away from Newt's hold and went back to their friends together.

They lied on the ground, while cuddling each other until they fall asleep peacefully.

The End.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sooooooo sorry for the long wait again!! 🙇🙇🙇 I was in another country for the past week for a vacation so I didn't have time to write..

And I'm sorry if this one's short. But I'm working on something, and I am hoping that you'll like it.
I promise I'll publish them soon when they're ready all right? Just wait for it.

But thanks for 400+ reads!💖💖

Again I'm sorry!!✌✌

-bloodyinspiredtri😊