→ Newt- Song for Him ←

Thanks for the request, jess1caxo! I made some little tweaks but I still hope you enjoy it!✨

× •ㆁ• ×

Third Person POV

The after party of the monthly greenie Bonfire had just started. All gladers were gathered around the center bonfire, sitting on either logs or on the ground drinking Gally's secret drink and laughing.

Zart was telling an embarrassing thing that happened to him the other day while he was prancing and gardening. Others laughed as well as the new greenie, Alex, who was beginning to get comfortable with his new home.

Y/N enjoyed nights such as this one. Not only does this include a day off, but it's also a way to get all of them closer together.

This was also where her and Newt became best friends. There wasn't a single time either of them didn't tell each other almost everything; their problems, the wonder that would come up to their heads, and so on.

One thing Y/N cannot seem to share with him, though, was this series of dreams she always gets every night.

Although, it didn't seem like they were dreams. They were more like scraps of memories. She can remember every single one of them. The problem was, her sight in her past visions was always blurry.

She always believed that telling dreams to another person would make the dreams not come true. So, in hoping that she would at least see the person it her dreams, Y/N didn't tell Newt everything about them. Even in the slightest detail.

The only thing she was able to do about it, was to write it into this one song as a message to the person dedicated to it. Of course, Y/N didn't intentionally do it. She wasn't really going to at that time. But when a melody got stuck in her head, she wasn't able to help herself.

"Hey, Y/N!" Minho suddenly nudged her by the shoulder, putting her out of her trance. "I recall the creators gave you a guitar last month in the box." He remarked to her.

The guitar was provided by the Creators. At that time, she was in the midst of writing her song. Y/N thought a they must've watched her struggle through the beetle blades' red eyes.

It wasn't anything new, but it was still playable. In fact, the guitar belonged to her before her memories were wiped clean. It says so when she saw her own name etched on its case. But seeing as she cannot remember anything from the past at all besides the ones she has on her dreams, she was surprised she learned to play faster than she expected.

"Yeah?" She replied to Minho.

Newt couldn't help but chime in, "What do you mean 'yeah'? Come on, play some for us!" He urged her to do so. It was no secret that Newt and the rest of them loved listening to her sing. He may have snooped around her when she was writing and playing her guitar.

Y/N didn't bother dodging them at all. She didn't understand the difference if she made them beg. She was still going to perform for them either way. "All right." Y/N smiled before standing up, "Let me just get my guitar."

"There's no need for that." But she already saw Newt pulling it out behind the log. It made her give him a look of sass. "I'm beginning to think this was all planned." She chuckled softly, influencing others to do the same thing.