→Benny Watts- How They Met←

A prequel to the imagine, More Than Anything.

Enjoy reading!

メメメ

It was a start of an evening when Benny had finished another chess tournament. As a reward for winning, he decided to give himself a small glass of whiskey down in the pub.

He'd always liked the atmosphere in this place. Everyone didn't have to be conservative and they were comfortable with the diversity of each people. All were treated equal no matter what their nationality and race are unlike out there where even bathrooms and water fountains are segregated due to their different races and such.

There he sat by the bar, subconsciously watching the bartender make drinks for the other customers. Jazz instrumentals played over the small stage not that far from where he sat.

Other than the music, quiet chatters can be heard in the background. Regardless, Benny's never paid attention to it as much. All he wanted to do, was to rest his brain from studying his chess pieces and moves just this one night.

Soon enough, the instrumentals had already finished with the audience lightly applauding for the entertainer's performance. But Benny, once again, didn't really care. The only thing he did was let people do the honors of greeting a 'bravo' to the whole jazz band instead of joining in. That is, until a movement was caught in the corner of his eye.

From that moment, his eyes diverted straight up to the small stage, spotting the male host

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to introduce our next performer, our one and only miss Y/N Harana."

The applause was louder than the last time once the host stepped away from the microphone for the singer to stand in front. And boy, Benny Watts couldn't help but stare in awe.

The smile she put up stood out to the boy that he was immediately attracted to her. "Good evening, you lovely people!"

Don't even get him started with her voice.

Her voice sounded so clear and smooth, he was instantly in awe. It was quick, but he wasn't up to forgetting the tone of her vocals. Especially now, when it was her cue to start singing.

Stars shining bright above you
Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you"
Birds singing in the sycamore trees
Dream a little dream of me

Say nighty-night and kiss me
Just hold me tight and tell me you'll miss me
While I'm alone and blue as can be
Dream a little dream of me

Meanwhile, the star of this pub tonight, Y/N, caught the blonde gentleman looking all dazed as his eyes focused on her. The awing look on his face was more flattering than what she receives on her previous performances.

Stars fading but I linger on dear
Still craving your kiss
I'm longing to linger till dawn dear
Just saying this

Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you
Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you
But in your dreams whatever they be
Dream a little dream of me

She tried her best not to grin at him so much. Y/N thought he would think of her as a creep if she kept doing this. So, she refrained herself from flashing a big, flattered smile by pursing her lips before she continued. Another thing she did to suppress the giddy feeling in her gut was swaying and slightly prancing along the music, enjoying how the spotlight reflects on her (fave color) sequin-filled outfit.