→ Romulus Augustus- Sweet Mornings ←

Feeling a little cliché and fluffy these days, so yeah. Need I say more about this imagine?😂

Enjoy reading!

∞ ♡ ∞

Your POV

I found myself constantly waking up from my slumber. My eyes immediately darting onto the flaccid white drapes of the room's balcony that's being illuminated by the sun.

The temperature is just right this morning. It isn't awfully hot nor too cold. Although, the weather still makes me want to stay in bed until I fall asleep again.

That's when I feel my husband's embrace from behind tightening, giving me the warmth that I've always found comforting and safe. Gently, I turned to my other side and face Romulus, who is sleeping soundly.

I watched his hair as every strand started to drape on his eyelids as he breathed in and out. I want to brush it away, but he looks incredibly peaceful. I can never risk to disrupt his sleep.

"You might as well make a portrait of me if you're going to keep watching me sleep."

However, I might have already waken him up. "Good morning to you, too." I chuckled at him, resting my head on top of my arms as I absentmindedly play with his hair.

A lazy smile started to form on his lips. It is even more contagious when he brought his face up close to mine. "It won't be good morning until I kiss my darling's lips." He tittered as he places his hands on my waist.

He's always been so cheesy. I was never one to like such things, but when it comes from him, I find it immensely amusing. Though, that doesn't mean I'm not aware of the smell of my breath every morning. "I have morning breath." I contradicted, still letting our noses touch together.

But that didn't seem to do anything at all when he whispered, "And I could not care less." Before catching me off guard with a brush of his lips against mine.

Me being utterly in love with my husband, I didn't hold back to return the fervent gesture as he pulls me closer. The gentleness of his kiss had always made my heart flutter. It feels as if he didn't need to say he loves me out loud, because of this simple, yet exhilarating act.

Once we pulled away from each other, he settles me into his warm hold under this bed weather. His warmth makes me want to go back to sleep "If you keep holding me like this, you might as well lull me to sleep." I mimicked his tone a while ago, following up with a yawn.

"We can always just sleep in." Suggested Romulus.

"Are you sure? You don't have any duties to attend to?" I asked, mainly just to make sure I'm not preventing him for doing his role as the Caesar of the town.

"It's the end of the week. These advisors should at least give us one day to rest." His morning toned voice slurred out into my neck. "Now, let me stay in bed with my lovely wife." Once more, he struck me again with his flattering lines. It made me laugh as I give in.

There's in no way am I getting out of the embrace that we are sharing. Especially now, when I'm starting to fall into a deep slumber again. One more deep breath and it got harder to stay awake.

"I love you so much." I heard him mumble before he himself started falling asleep, giving me a light kiss on my hand and my nose.

I didn't think twice at enjoying this very moment right here and now.

"I love you more."

The End.

∞ ♡ ∞

I am fully aware this imagine's shorter than my usual! And I'm sorry for that! I'll make it up y'all in the next (aka last) imagineෆ╹ .̮ ╹ෆ

Have a good day/night!

-BloodyinspiredTri✨