→ Whitey Winn- For Once, Louise ←

It was in the middle of the day when the H/C haired girl was washing up her laundry by the river. Her best friend, Louise was with her, doing her own laundry as well. The girl was ignoring her friend as she was begging for another favour from her that she didn't want to be involved with anymore.

"Oh, please, Y/N? Do this for me one last time?" Louise pleaded as she put a piece of clothing in the basket with the rest of the clean ones. Y/N sighed as she continued scrubbing the sheets. "You've been sayin' that for the fifth time now, Lou. But here we are now. You're begging for me to walk up to that damn deputy boy you are oh so in love with to remind him that you two have 'fiddle lessons' once again."

The first time she ever did it for Louise, she was excited about it and that she was in for it. But now, it was like another chore for her. Sure, they do have their lessons, but they weren't a proper one. This boy wasn't even close to learning how to hold the bow properly.

"But-"

"Why don't you just go to La Belle and remind him yourself? Just because I live there and him & I have been friends since we could talk, doesn't mean you have the advantage to make me your personal messenger, ya know." Y/N cut her off with a lecture as she carried the basket filled with clean wet sheets and clothes back to her wagon.

"You know how my Papa is when I go to that town.." Louise explained, finishing up washing the last piece of clothing and putting it in her own basket as she headed for her own wagon. The girl looked over to her best friend who was looking back at her with pleading eyes.

Eventually, Y/N gave in, "Fine. But this will really be your last favour from me this year, lady." She really is like a mother when it comes to her best friend. Louise beamed and took her by surprise when she lunged over her to give her a hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you~!" She exclaimed. The girl exhaled, but hugged back anyways. I can't believe I'm gonna do this again.. she thought to herself.

She hated it when people do this, asking her to be some kind of owl messenger or do other favours that she thought it would be the last but it wasn't. They knew she was a selfless, kind person. And they were taking advantage of that. More specifically, Louise was taking advantage of that.

She was starting to think she only befriended her because she was close with Whitey. That their friendship was intoxicated. But at the same time, she still thinks that their friendship was good.

****

The girl was in front of the sheriff's office with a basket of vegetables for her to stew. She decided to tell Whitey first before she went home. She knocked on the door and waited for an answer.

"It's open!" She heard the deputy said. With that, she opened the door herself and entered. "Oh, hello, Y/N/N." Whitey greeted as he found out it was Y/N.

"Hi." The girl greeted as she shut the door. "How's your day?"

"Well, it became better when I just saw the girl I like.." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously, trying to give her a hint. But Y/N was oblivious. She thought he was referring to Louise.

Of course, it would be a dream for her if he feels the same way as she feels about him, but this wasn't a love story about them. It's about him and Louise.

He loves her, she loves him. She thought. Don't get your hopes up to heaven.

She hummed, "Speaking of, she wanted me to remind you that you have lessons with her later at sun down." She recalled as she arranged a couple of furniture before getting ready to leave.

"W-Who?" He asked.

Y/N rolled he eyes at him, "Louise, of course. Who else was I even referring to? She's the one you like after all."