Samuel Emerson- Girl Under The Moon pt. 3

It's been a week since that night when Sam kissed her.

When Y/N ran away from him.

Every night, he would go outside, hoping to see Y/N waiting for him to sit with her again and practice his performance with her. Though, she never came back. It got him anxious.

Was it him? Did everything escalate too quickly? Does she only see them as friends?

His questions were about to be answered when he decided to come by and knock on her door this time at mid-afternoon. Him and his brother, Beckett had just finished doing their father's dirty work so he was wearing his poetic looking costume.

After he knocked on the door, he rubbed his palms on his jeans to get rid of the growing sweat from it. Sam knew he should just leave her be, but the kiss they shared together wasn't letting him do what should be done. Until now, his feelings were blooming out of him, the admiration went from caring for Y/N to liking her  to loving her.

Soon, Y/N's mother appeared in the doorway as soon as the door was opened. Her eyes were reddened that she looked like she was crying. Though, much to her politeness, she smiled at the boy as if nothing was wrong. "Samuel," she started, "it's nice seeing you here."

"Good afternoon, M(r)s. Mother's/L/N." He greeted kindly, moistening his dehydrated lips out of nervousness. "I... May I see Y/N? I need to talk to her."

On the other hand, Y/N was crumpled up in her bed, staring at a drawing of a yellow rose. She barely left her room to even drink a glass of water or eat something. And because of it, she had a dull and sullen look settling on her face.

Until now, her mind was drifting off to the incident that had happened a week ago. Yes, she was able to get inside right before a ray of sunshine touched her skin, but  because of it, Y/N couldn't seem to bring herself to go outside again.

It was somewhat a traumatizing experience even though, she'd have close calls before. It made her wonder as to why she was so full of fright about this one.

Suddenly, her mind drifted off to the good side of that night. She remembered the bliss that she felt when Sam pulled her close and kissed her. The memory gave her the very same quick heartbeats she had felt when their lips connected that night.

However, she could never tell herself what could possibly happen next. Which she admittedly took the blame for as she abruptly ran away from him when they pulled away and never talked to him for a week.

It was never her intention to leave Sam all of a sudden. The truth is, she couldn't bring herself to face him after doing that little stunt that could make him think she wasn't interested in him. Though, in reality, she'd been head over heels for him.

Y/N's train of thought came into a halt when she heard someone knocking on her door. When she turned to the doorway, her mother appeared in sight. "You have a visitor." She addressed quietly with a sad smile.

Sam took it as a cue to peer his head behind Y/N's mother. Ask he could do was smile awkwardly. "Hey, you." He greeted with a soft chuckle. Y/N was taken by surprise to peep out a word.

"I'm gonna leave you two to talk." Y/N's mother chimed before she glanced at the both of them and closed the door gently.

The two of them only looked at each other with sounds of awkward silence. Not one of them did not know how were they supposed to start off a conversation when they ended that last one badly. For them to break the ice, Y/N took notice that he was only standing a few feet away from her bed. "You can sit down, you know." She gestured playfully.

The only thing Samuel could do was oblige and took a seat by he edge of her bed, close enough for them to just talk quietly. "So..." He started, ".. are you gonna tell me what's going on, or whatever that kiss meant?" He blurted out while the suspense killed him slowly.

Y/N looked away from him in thought, licking her lips as she shifted into the same sitting position as the boy beside her. Now or never, Y/N. She thought to herself, providing the courage to tell him. "If I tell you," she began, "would you promise me not to freak out?" Sam responded with a nod.

"All right." She sighed. "Quick heads up: this might make you want to walk out the door. It's not the first time, so I wouldn't be surprised if you did." She continued, avoiding the boy's gaze, "I have XP, Xeroderma Pigmentosus."

Sam only urged her to continue as he was trying to process everything, trying his best to understand. "It's basically a... disease where I can get killed by Mr. Golden Sun when they shine down on me."

"Is that why you only go out at night?" Sam pointed out, getting the clarity that it all made sense now. His conclusion was only confirmed when she quietly answered.

"Yeah." She added as a tear drop rolled down her cheek, "And I'm sorry if I didn't tell you sooner. I never realized I would be feeling this way with you, this feeling where I don't want to stop loving you."

Hearing about her condition made his heart clench. A part of him was irritated that she didn't tell him. Though, that urge of not wanting break her heart overpowered that irritation. Right now, he just wanted to be with her at all times.

With that, he took her hand in his and brought it to his lips, catching her attention. "You have nothing to be sorry for." He reassured her, wiping her tears away in the process as he looked into her eyes. "Y/N, I've been loving you long enough to know that I want to be with you at all costs even though you don't notice it. This thing won't stop me from fighting for you."

Samuel pulled her into his embrace out of reassurance, which she gladly returned as he kissed the top of her head. "Thank you. Thank you for understanding me." She croaked at him before pulling away to put their foreheads together with their hot breaths mixing up from how close their lips were.

"Anything for you, N/N." Sam responded. After a short pause from all the drama, he decided to ask her. "Y/N?"

She replied with a him before he continued, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

The question only made Y/N laugh, making him look at her in confusion once the moment was ruined. "What?" He asked her so purely in a way that she found it adorable.

"Well, damn." She exclaimed, "I thought that kiss last week made it clear already."

Sam laughed softly, "Well, I wanna make it official at least."

Y/N let out a loud sigh to stop herself from giggling to look at him lovingly. "Fine." She happily said to him. "Yes, I will be your girlfriend."

Afterwards, they shared a passionate kiss to seal the deal.

****

The house erupted with childish awes from Samuel's grandchildren. "What happened to the two of you later on?" Four-year-old Reagan asked her grandfather, who was sitting by the window next to her old chair.

It was Y/N's birthday and everyone loved her so dearly that they celebrated it. Even though she wasn't around anymore.

"Well, she lived long enough the get married to me." He chuckled. "She also lived long enough to bring life to your Dad." He pointed to his son, Timothy, who was listening to them the whole time while wiping the dishes.

"So it's possible?" His other grandchild, Bailey asked as she stood by his side. "It's possible for me to live long enough, just like our grandma?" The poor girl was the one who inherited Y/N's XP. She had almost lost hope if it weren't for their love story.

Sam smiled at his grandchild who gave him a nostalgic feeling of Y/N being around again. "Of course, you squirt!" He exclaimed, kissing the child's temple.

"Don't give up just yet."

The End.

~ × ♪ × ~

Well damn..

That was cheesier than expected 😂 I like it though! And yes, I followed to give this a happy ending, but that doesn't mean I'd let Y/N live!😛

I swear, school really do be making me forget to update😅 sorry 'bout that. Anyway, I hope you liked it!

Have a nice day/night✨

-BloodyinspiredTri 🖤