Hands Down- Chapter 3

Your POV

The three of us were all in the lounge room, resting right after we finished finding and hiring some people to work on the lights and the sounds- which their flights have already been taken care of by us- and finding a place to have that concert with in every country Stella chose. It kind of surprised me when it only took us one and a half hour to do so.

Stella and John are all cuddled up whilst watching a Horror movie and I continued writing what I was writing a moment ago while I listen to 'Boulevard of broken dreams' by Green day through my ear buds. It made me a bit bitter when I look at them, how it reminded me of me with Thomas.

Slim it you shank, you left him for good and then you're gonna go on and think of him? Are you a slinthead? I scolded to myself.

I sighed quietly and looked at the last line for a moment to think of what was next. I clicked my pen open once again and positioned my hand on the notebook, ready to write.

With just that, my hand started to write more and more words and more lines.

But now I feel like I don't know you

One day you'll get sick of saying
That everything's alright
And by then I'm sure I'll be-

Until someone knocked on the door from the other side, once again. "That must be Sam. I'll get the door." Stella said to me and John as she stands up from the couch. She approached the front door and opened it to reveal our drummer, Sam.

"Hello, people!" Sam greeted playfully. We all greeted back to him as he joined in with us. He sat beside me but I didn't notice, I continued writing when he just appeared from the door.

Pretending just like I am tonight

Please don't get me wrong
Because I'll never let this go,
But I can't find the words to tell you
I don't wanna be alone,
But now I feel like I don't know you

Let this go,
Let this go..

So focused on my writing, I didn't even bother to notice that Sam's reading it. "What are ya writing there?" He asked. "Huh?" I questioned as I snap my head towards him. I was clearly not listening.

"I said, what are you writing there?" He repeated.

"Yeah, you've been having your nose stuck in that notebook since we were eating breakfast, what's that?" Stella chimed in.

"It's not-" but I got cut off at a mid-sentence.

"Can I read it?" Stella requested.

I sighed and handed her my notebook, "You aren't gonna stop bothering me if I don't give it to you anyways." I remarked. She took the notebook from me began reading it.

When she did, she didn't even bother to finish it. She already knew what's the meaning behind it. While me, on the other hand, is just sitting there, zoning out whilst I try to stop the tears that are lining up in my eyes. Why is it that every time she finds out that I'm feeling depressed I always cry?

"Y/N.." John called out as he tries to comfort me. I sighed and closed my eyes, trying to get myself together.

This is for your own good

I keep chanting that in my head. Controlling the waterworks that are welling up. I swallowed the lump down my throat and smiled at them with a mix of sadness and joy. "Eehmm, H-how about we practice that new song I wrote, yeah?" I encouraged them. Their expression beamed slightly as we all grabbed our instruments and went in the garage where we always play whenever we practice at Stella's and John's home.