Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Axel

Katie linked her arm to mine and led me away from the crowd.

"So, when are you gonna ditch the tramp?" Her mouth, so close to my ear. I groaned.

"Only two more dates, babe."

She bit my earlobe lightly, sending shivers down my spine.

I moved away a little, "Not here. Someone might see us." My eyes roamed around the area to check if anyone's nearby.

"Does it really matter?"

"Of course, it does." I pointed out, her big puppy eyes staring at me. "All our efforts would go to shit if word got out."

"There's no press inside. It's their word against ours." She pressed her body to mine, supple and tender. God, this woman is testing me. I grabbed her by the shoulders and moved her away from me at an arms-length.

"We shouldn't do this."

"Are you serious?"

"It's too risky." I hissed. "Lauren is here."

"Then let's go to the bathroom." She led me to the women's restroom.

"Stop."

"What now?"

"She might go the bathroom."

"Then where will we go?"

My eyes wandered to the adjacent door, "Let's go to the gents."

"Ew," she gave me a side-eye. "But fine."

"I'll go first." I entered the men's room to check if there's anyone inside.

"All clear," I said to Katie and she entered, not giving a flying fuck if anyone saw us.

Her lips crashed into mine immediately, my head almost hit the wall. She removed my suit and threw it behind her, falling on the sink. She got me cornered to the wall, assuming dominance. I battled with my tongue, like swords sparring for a fencing championship.

Something doesn't feel right. Maybe it's the dominance thing.

I moved her near the sink and parted her thighs with my knees. But there's still something in the back of my throat that I can't explain why or how.

I continued kissing her, hoping it'll fade. She guided my hand up her thigh through the slip of her dress as she continued to consume my lips. Her smooth skin becoming rough from the bumps of shivers.

I moved my hand away from her, not even knowing why. I felt her brows knit together as she put my hand back up her thigh. I retracted again. Goddamnit, what's the matter with you, James? Her eyes flew open and she pushed me away, creating a space between us. Her expression confused and disbelieved.

She turned away from me, looking at the floor, "I can't believe this."

"What?"

"Why..." the word fell from her lips, not even a question.

"Why what?"

She advanced to me, her lips snarling, "You're fucking falling for her."

I scoffed, "Are you hearing yourself? I'm not." I moved towards the mirror and adjusted my now-crooked tie.

She walked towards me as I pulled out a tissue to wipe the lipstick off my mouth. I can see her face through the mirror, stern and daring.

"Prove it."