Chapter 66

Chapter 66

My mornings have never felt like this – calm and light as I wake to the most gorgeous set of eyes staring at me. In this light, they look like the ocean under the midday sun, and the shade of the palm trees were his long dark lashes. His smile curved to the side as he played with a few strands of my hair, "Good morning."

I smiled back, unable to control it, "Good morning."

"God, are you real?"

I chuckled, "What?" my hand accidentally ran down his stomach.

He lolled his head back and grinned, "Don't start what you can't finish, Grant."

I shoved his chest and buried my face on his side, "Come on, you're embarrassing me."

He continued playing with my hair, "How can you be embarrassed after last night?"

"Stop!" I groaned. He just laughed. I rose my head to meet his eyes, "Any breakfast suggestions?"

"I have a few."

"Hm?"

"But I don't think it would fill up your tummy." I grimaced at him. "Or would it?"

I grabbed a pillow next to me and hit his head. His laughter echoed throughout the room.

"So..." he propped himself up.

"What?"

"I've heard you had a little crush on me."

I covered my face with the sheets, muffling my voice, "I knew I'll never hear the end of this."

"It's cute." He kissed the top of my head. "Did you really have posters though?"

"Oh my God!" I screamed with my face still buried in the pillow. His laugh was full and it swells my heart despite being embarrassed.

"Wait, was that why you wouldn't let me in your room?"

"I refuse to answer that." I turned to get out of the bed, but he grabbed me by the wrist and faced me toward him. He smiled then kissed the pulse beneath my ear and whispered, "Don't be ashamed. I love it." Then he peppered kisses down my neck and up my cheeks, but before he landed on my lips, I stopped him, "I haven't brushed my teeth yet."

Then he kissed me square in the mouth, "I don't care." His kiss deepened and I kissed him back with equal fervor. He broke away and rested his forehead on mine. I could feel his chest rise and fall to catch his breath.

"Friends don't kiss each other like this," I whispered, still a little out of breath.

"I think it's established that we aren't just friends," he kissed me again.

I chuckled against his lips, "Are you saying that we're like lovers now?"

"Your words not mine." He grinned. "And no takebacks, lover."

I pulled away before he could kiss me again and wrapped the white sheet around me as I got off the bed, "I'm gonna go shower."

"Mind if I join?"

I grabbed a pillow and threw it at him, giving him a playful glare. He caught the pillow and chuckled deeply, "Go before I stop you."

*      *      *

Now I understand why Hailey and Josh couldn't keep their hands off of each other because now Axel and I were doing the same. His hand was intertwined with mine as I was driving to breakfast with only one hand on the steering wheel.