Chapter 54

Chapter 54

"Lauren," his voice sounds like velvet as his forehead touched mine.

My throat bobbed up and down, "Yeah?"

"You are it. You... you draw me in every time."

"What?"

"You," he backed away by an inch and stared into my eyes, and tucked in loose strands of hair by my ear. "You drive me crazy. I am –" his eyes were moving wildly as if he can't believe I'm real.

"You're what?" I dared.

"I am inexplicably, hopelessly, madly, crazy in love with you."

My breath caught at his confession. "Oh, Axel, I love you too."

His eyes lighted up with glee and his lips came crashing into mine.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I sat awake.

What the?

I glanced at the alarm clock on my nightstand blinking 6:30 then pressed it off.  My hand made its way to my forehead as I catch my breath.

That was a weird dream – a very weird, disturbing, and disgusting dream.

My hand made its way to my lips. But it also felt exceptionally real.

I shook my head, dragging my hand away from my lips. What has gotten into me?

My phone beeped.

"Good morning, babe." My eyes widened at the Instagram message from Axel. I threw my phone on the bed like it has cooties and rushed to the bathroom.

* * *

"Hey, how was your weekend?" Cassandra asked as I placed my bag on my desk.

Then the crazy events from the last two days flashed before my eyes. "Oh," I draped my coat on the chair. "It's fine." I sat on my chair next to hers. "How about yours?"

"Same old, same old. I just took my dog to the groomers."

"I didn't know you have a dog."

"Oh, her dog's big," Dave said on my right.

"When did you come in?" I asked.

"When you said you didn't know Cassandra has a dog."

"Cassandra has a dog?" Dominic asked.

"Alright, everyone, I have a dog," Cassandra announced.

"I didn't know you have a dog," Kendra commented. Cassandra gave her a tired glare; Kendra went back to look at her screen.

"So, what's your dog like?" May enquired while she was busy going through folders.

"He's sweet. Though he snores and drools and poops everywhere."

"Ah, so just like Dominic," Dave chuckled.

"Hey, I don't snore!"

Kendra gave him a side-eye, "That's the least of your problems if you're like Cassandra's dog."

"Okay, enough you guys, what does he look like?" May asked.

"Oh, I don't have my phone with me now, but you can look up American cocker spaniel."

"I'll do it," I volunteered and they gathered around me.

"Oh, it's the one with the long ears!" Dominic said.