Chapter 36

Chapter 36

The stressful encounter with Axel was soon followed by more stressful encounters.

I visited the remaining four models, and room after room, I was faced with the reality that they are all men using girls' names in hotels. Well, save for Gael and Peyton, those are their actual names, I just assumed they were women.

Maybe it's a model thing? A heads up from the bosses would've been appreciated.

The four of them were actually nice and accommodating. I should've just put Lexa to last in my rounds.

"What happened?" Cass said as I sat on the lounge chair next to her.

"Why?" I said then sipped on my strawberry smoothie.

"Well, you can't hide that scowl, Lauren." Dave looked up at us, his chin sitting on the edge of the pool.

I tried to relax my face. "How about now?"

Cassandra's upper lip turned upwards then she shook her head.

I exhaled loudly, "I'm sorry, guys. I guess I gotta go now. I need to prep for later."

Cassandra chortled, "Oh, it's about tonight. I thought it was something serious. Of course, go on. We'll be up too in a few minutes."

"Yeah, we have different ways to calm ourselves, Lauren, go on."

"Thanks, guys." I forced a smile then made my way back inside.

As I closed the door, the emotions flooded, overwhelming me to the point that I'm close to tears.

I shook my head, commanding the tears away. I would not shed a single tear again for that lying son of a bitch. I closed my eyes as I leaned on the door, taking deep breaths as I focus back on the now.

What should I do?

My eyes opened.

I have to call Dean.

I took my phone out and dialed Dean's number.

I paced back and forth as I wait for him to pick up the phone.

"Come on, Dean. Pick up."

Another ring then it stopped. "Hey, Lauren. What's up?" His voice a little husky.

"Hey, Dean. I'm sorry. Are you asleep?" I shook my head as I sat on the bed. "Dumb question. Of course, you were." I exhaled, "I'm in Manila."

"What?"

"I'm in the Philippines."

"I know where Manila is, but I thought you were in Sydney?"

"I was, but the trip was extended here. Anyway, the reason I called you is that..." I took a deep breath, "Axel is here."

"What?" his voice sounding urgent.

"I didn't know he'll be here. But he's our agency's client and I'll assist him for tomorrow's show."

"What show?" I heard the shuffling of his sheets. "I thought you're an accountant."

"I am, but in order to go to Manila, we have to take the assistant role. I wasn't gonna take it if it weren't for the location. I wanted to see some family in the city before I go back."

He exhaled, "I'll be there."

"What?" I stood. "No."

"Why not? We said we'll be there for each other in times like these."