Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I walked inside my apartment with 3 coats on my right arm and coffee on my left hand. It was a struggle opening the door but I managed to do it just fine. The trip home from the dry cleaners today was a little interesting.

There was a couple in front of me on the line to get some coffee. When they were next to order, the guy went on his knees and proposed. It was a sight! It was my first time to witness someone proposing and they're literally in front of me. I'm so glad she said yes because it would've been awkward if she hadn't.

Apparently, they met at the coffee shop 5 years ago today. They ordered the same drink and grabbed that one drink at the same time. An absolute meet-cute.

I dropped the coats beside me as I sat on the couch. I took a sip of my PSL. So good. They were just released today and I made sure to get one since I have been checking their coffee shop's Instagram account every now and then to know PSL's release date. Tasting it now makes me more excited about Fall. It's my favorite season and I can't wait for it to finally hit.

Today just keeps getting better.

My phone began ringing from my small sling bag, which was still on my shoulder. I checked to see who's calling – Hailey.

"Hey, Hailey. What's up?" I said as I picked up the phone. I took another sip of the coffee.

"Not much, just checking up on you."

My eyes narrowed at her question. Weird. "I'm okay. How about you? Everything good? How's Josh?" I asked.

"We're fine," she replied nonchalantly.

I raised my eyebrows in suspicion, "Really?"

She chuckled, "Yes, really! I was folding up the laundry, sorry if I sound emotionless."

"Okay." I said and took another sip of the PSL, "So what's the real reason?"

I stood from the couch then went into the kitchen. The PSL is still hot so I placed it on the table and removed the lid for it to cool off.

"Um, nothing really. I just want to know how you're doing," she said then there's a long silence.

Son of a bitch!

She's asking how I'm doing because of what happened last week.

"Oh, would you stop?" I said exasperatedly.

"Stop what?" she replied feigning innocence.

"Just stop bringing that boy up. And yes, I'm referring to him as a boy because that's what he is. It's been a week now since that whole drama. I've moved on. You can do it too."

"I'm not saying anything, Lauren!" she said defensively.

"Oh, come on. You think I don't know you?"

She laughed, "Alright, alright, you caught me."

"Duh, 'course I would!"

"Well, last week was really sumthin, huh?" she said teasingly.

I shook my head, "Please stop."

"Oh, Lauren, kiss me!" she said dramatically.

I laughed, "That's not what happened!"

"Oh, so now you're thinking about it?"

"You brought it up!"

She got serious, "You told me you made out."

"Yeah." I felt my face heat up. Gosh darn it, I'm not blushing!

"So... Is it French?"

"Hailey!"