Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Cassandra and May were teaching me how to print Statement of Accounts when Harper walked into the office.

"Hey, everybody! How's it going? Long time no see."

"Hey, Harper! Good Morning." "Morning, Harper!" some of us beamed.

"Good morning, guys. I know, I know. I missed you too." Soft laughter filled the room. "Alright, gather round. We'll have a small meeting before we start the day." We moved our chairs to the center, some of us just glided.

"So..." Harper clasped her hands together, "As you all know, NYFW is finally over." She let out a loud sigh. "I missed the office. And... we're heading towards the 4th quarter." several nods were exchanged. "Lauren with AR, I need you to check in with May for clientele billings."

"Got it," I replied.

"Dave, are we up to date with the Payables?"

"Yes, Harper. All n/30 due in September were already paid."

"Great. Give me the schedule of payments later and I'll approve payments with discounts. I'll check which ones we could pay-off to take advantage of that." Dave nodded and wrote on his notepad.

"Cassandra, how's GA?"

"I'm looking up provisions to back the new Depreciation method we'll use so I could send in the memo to the other branches. I'll send it to you, for approval, once done."

Harper brought her hand on her chin, forefinger resting on her upper lip, "I see. And when can I expect this?"

"I'm almost done with it but I have to double-check the terms and its effect on the Income Statement and subsequent Taxes. I'll turn it in tomorrow before lunch."

"Alright, that's great." She clapped her hands together. "Anything monumental or interesting happened while I'm away?" a mischievous smile spreading on her lips.

The room was silent for a second.

May cleared her throat, "Well, Dominic almost slipped down the hallway while getting the boxes to retention." We all laughed. I forgot about that.

"The tiles were slippery." Dominic defended.

"Oh, come on, Dominic." Liam rolled his eyes, "We all know it's because you saw Sharon." A teasing smirk forming on his lips.

"Sharon from reception?" Harper inquired.

"One and only." Cassandra jibed.

"Hm..." Harper said as she nodded slowly. "Okay." We already know she's plotting something even if she stays silent. She loves playing Cupid. Dominic placed his palm on his face.

"Alright, do you have any more questions about the 4th quarter?"

There were several nopes and nos and none so fars as we all shook our heads. "Okay then, that ends our morning meeting. I'll be in my office if you have any concerns whatsoever. Have a great day ahead, team!" she smiled and walked to her office. We all went back to our cubicles.

"Oh, Cassandra, Dave and Lauren, please be in my office in five." Harper held her office door open. We looked at each other, wondering what we did to be in trouble.

The three of us remained quiet for the next five minutes. Barely even doing any work.

"Hey, it's alright. It can't be that serious. She was in a good mood." Liam said next to me.

"Right," Dave replied. "That's what I said when my co-worker in the Bakery got fired."

"Bakery?" I asked.