Chapter 35

Chapter 35

The flight took about eight hours but I was grateful to get in some sleep and that there wasn't much time difference between Sydney and Manila. I swear if it's another ten-plus-hour difference, my body would give.

The sun was bright in the middle of the day and the hotel service picked us up from the airport.

As we drove past the landmarks of Manila, I felt like I was sixteen again – with my aunt picking us up from NAIA and having pancakes and burgers for lunch before going back on the road for Olongapo.

I can't believe this is happening. I've been wanting to go back since last we came, but the flight is excruciatingly long and tickets were expensive.

I have to find a way to visit my aunt and cousins somehow before I go back to New York.

"That's a huge-ass globe," Dave said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked out the window and saw a giant steel globe in the middle of the road.

"Oh my God, we're at the Mall of Asia complex."

"The what?" Cassandra asked.

"You see that big stretch there? All of that's the mall. They also have an arena, a convention center, multiple business buildings, hotels, and look at that..." I pointed at the Ferris wheel next to the bay.

"A small amusement park."

"Oh, wow," Dave's mouth hung open. "I thought the Philippines is a third-world country."

"Dave!" Cassandra hissed.

I chuckled, "It's alright, Cass." I turned to Dave, "And it is."

We stopped in front of the Conrad. I stretched my legs out and helped pick up our luggage from the trunk.

A giant floating art greeted us as we entered the lobby. It looks like a twisted branch of yellow flowers with green leaves.

"This is our hotel?" Dave's eyes widened.

"Is there a problem, Dave?" Harper asked as her luggage rolled to a stop next to him.

"Nothing. It's perfect." He replied. "Way too perfect," he whispered.

The hotel concierge gave us the key cards to our rooms following check-in. This time, each of us got a separate room.

"Oh, I'm gonna miss you, roomie," Cassandra said.

"Awww, I'm gonna miss you too, buddy."

"Alright, listen up," Harper said and we all turned to her. "You can take the rest of your afternoon but make sure to meet up with all your models before 6 P.M., okay?"

"Okay," I nodded.

Mitchell spoke, "We'll have a rehearsal later tonight at the SMX Convention Center. The hotel will lead us to where it is, so you don't have to worry about finding it. You three would have an assigned car each with all your models so, you have to make sure to gather all of them before that. This assignment is simple but very important and time-sensitive. The first show is tomorrow and we cannot slack. Understood?"

"Yes," Dave said.

"Any questions?"

I raised my hand.

"Yes, Lauren?"

"Where can we get the itinerary or the program?"

"You can ask anyone at the concierge for that later. But first, make yourselves comfortable in your rooms. Relax a little. It's just 12:30."