Chapter 21

Chapter 21

"Axel..." his name fell from my lips.

"Wait, you guys know each other?" Dean said in delight.

"Yeah, um..." I began.

"Hey, Axel." A tall brunette in a body-con made her way towards Axel. "We were waiting for you." she wrapped her arms around his waist. "Oh, hi." She said to me in her sweet little voice.

I blinked in surprise, "Hi."

"So, uh, how did you two meet?" Dean asked.

"Oh, uh... let's not talk about me, let's talk about you! How did you two meet?" Axel asked Dean.

Dean chuckled, "Alright, mate, well, we bumped into each other in the supermarket." Dean smiled at me; Axel followed Dean's gaze. "Then we bumped into each other again at The Brunch Street."

"The Brunch Street?" Axel's brows raised, as if in surprise.

"Yeah, you know, the restaurant?" Dean replied.

"Yeah." Axel smiled and nodded, "So, yesterday?"

"Uh, yes," Dean replied with wonder on his face.

"How –" I interrupted.

"Axel, dude! Come on." A guy with two girls called out.

"One sec, Oliver!"

"Oliver's right..." the girl purred and made her way onto Axel's neck, lips running like a vampire on foreplay. "We should go." She whispered loud enough for me to hear. I felt a lump on my throat.

"You should go," I said to Axel, his head shot up in my direction, "Don't leave them waiting."

His face is unreadable but he kept staring at me as the girl continued peppering kisses on his neck. He swatted it when she started emitting low moans. I looked away, avoiding his gaze.

"Axel!" Oliver shouted over the giggles.

"Alright..." he said in a low voice then turned to Dean, "I'll see you around, brother." He man-hugged Dean and patted his back. He gave me a small smile and walked away, going to Oliver with the brunette's arm snaked around his waist.

Dean chuckled lowly. I didn't notice him walking next to me. "Axel really is something." He said then waved to them as they exit Corrigan's.

"Oh, he's something, alright." Their giggles echoing the hallway as they put their coats on.

Sam walked to us with our orders on the tray, "Here's your order..." he placed them on the table.

"Thanks, Sam," I said, he gave me a small smile then went back to the bar.

I made my way to the table, taking my seat, Dean followed suit.

"Let's eat?" he said with that charming smile of his, I can't help but smile back.

"Yeah." I nodded then we started having dinner.

"So, what do you do?" he asked as I was chewing on my food.

I swallowed it first then replied, "I'm an Accountant."

"Oh, so you're smart smart. You must've loved maths."

"No, not really. It's actually just basic math. It's more about the principles and procedures that make the Accountant." I took a sip of my drink, "I'm boring you out."

"No!" he protested.

"Nah, I'm just kidding. I'm actually boring me out. How about you, though? How did you start in the modeling business?"