Chapter 55

Chapter 55

My dear Pixel,

I know you're probably wondering why I wrote to you after all this time. Very antiquated, I know. But you never wanted to talk to me to have a serious conversation so I'm putting it in writing to make you understand me, even if 3 years have already passed.

I still love you.

I just want to put it out there, get it out in the open.

All these years, I chastised myself for hurting you, for making you feel inadequate. You might think I'm doing fine after that incident but I never saw her again – I couldn't bring myself to, the guilt lived on with me, gnawed in my gut.

It broke my heart to know I've broken yours. You didn't know how bad I felt knowing you shed tears for me. I thought to myself, I don't deserve a girl like you. You were perfect, you were the epitome of goodness with your high morals and beliefs so I let you be; after you said no, I stayed away.

That was until someone told me of your escapades in Steinhouse. I didn't believe it at first – my sweet Lauren sleeping with the boss? Impossible. But when I stood presenting at that boardroom meeting where Randall Steinhouse barged into the room and bragged about how much of a good fuck you are, I nearly lost it.

Gossip spread like wildfire in the office and I was there to witness it without you knowing. It's incredible how Randall contained it in the confines of the building knowing he's divorced now. Did you know that? Of course, you don't, Randall kept his monkey business private. I only learned about it through a certain actress who's the niece of Randall's ex-wife.

So that's the big news, Pixel. You're a homewrecker. But don't worry, I still love you despite everything. And I'll make sure you'll be alright. Just be with me and I'll keep you safe. If you're ready to give me one more chance, meet me at the Rockefeller Center tonight at 8. I'll be waiting for you.

Yours always,

Gap