Chapter 61

Chapter 61

My phone lighted up beside me as it buzzed nonstop with each new message.

I groaned as I brought my face away from the pillow to see the messages, but before I even get to see them, the phone vibrated displaying 'Hailey' on the caller ID.

"Hey, sorry, I fell asleep. What's up?" I answered.

"I've been calling you for the last twenty minutes. You wouldn't want to know what I had to do to get your room number."

"What?"

I put her on loudspeaker and checked her messages.

Hailey: Laure, where are you? I thought we're going to meet at the salon?

Hailey: Laure, answer the phone, please.

Hailey: I can't have my nails done alone. Please pick up.

Hailey: Alright, I'm going to your hotel.

Hailey: What was your room number again?

Hailey: They won't let me know your room number!

Hailey: Was it under Axel's name?

A few knocks next door caught my attention.

"Come on, it's me. Open the door."

"What?" I muttered to myself.

"Are you still asleep, Laure? It's me, open the door."

Fuck. I got up to my feet and knocked on the door to Axel's room. We got an adjoining room in case of emergencies. I didn't think this would happen.

"Give me a second," I pressed on mute and knocked again. Come on, Axel, open up.

"Lauren! We haven't got all day."

My eyes widened and knocked again; this time more urgent.

"What's the problem?" he opened the door with only a towel hanging dangerously low on his waist. His abs were well-defined, noticeably more visible than the last time I saw them when I had to dress him up for the fashion show. "Lauren, I know you're stunned, but you have to speak. What happened? Are you alright?"

"Lauren, don't make me break this door down." Hailey's voice came out in a sing-song.

We both glanced at the main door, "Shit, is that?"

"Yeah," I said then we looked at each other. We're screwed, my things aren't here. "Get dressed, I'm gonna move my suitcase here."

He nodded determined then shouted, "Give us a second, Hailey, we're getting dressed!"

"What the fuck?" I gave him the death glare.

"That's our only excuse," he pointed out then ran back to the bathroom while I go back to my room to get my stuff. When I got back, he has a shirt and some sweatpants on, water still dripping at the ends of his hair.

He was about to open the door when I got a towel and ran to him, "Wait," I rubbed the towel on his head to dry his hair. "You might catch a cold."

"Oh," I saw his throat bob up and down. "Thanks," then he opened the door.

Hailey dropped the call, "Took you long enough," then she inhaled sharply, "Is that what you're wearing?"

"Uh..." I looked down at my clothes - just a simple shirt with my old Phys ed jogging pants from college. "No, I'm just about to change."

"Well, you caught us off-guard so we had to pick whatever's on top of the suitcase," Axel answered. My eyes squinted at him for a split second then smiled at Hailey.