Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"What are you doing here?" I said in disbelief. "And how did you know me and where I live?" I demanded, still on my guard.

"Are you serious, now?" he said still wincing in pain.

"Answer me or I'll call the police." I threatened, keeping my stance.

That seemed to put him on his toes, "What? No! Hold on, hold on." he said as he raised his hands in surrender.

"Oh my God, you're bleeding," I said.

"What?" he touched his nose to check for blood, "Ow, I think you broke it," he said looking at his bloody thumb.

I immediately felt guilty. Sure, I don't remember every detail of last night but I know that I interacted with him in some way that led us to the beer pong bet. Hailey doesn't know how Axel and I met and now that he's in front of me, I have to take advantage of his presence and get some answers.

I moved closer to him to assess the damage. I looked up his nostrils then I suddenly realize how close we are and got distracted for a second. He's gorgeous but I would never give him the satisfaction to know that I see him that way. I focus back on his nose, bleeding but doubtful that it's broken; it still looks bad though.

I know I can't take him to the hospital without catching any attention and I very much like to keep my privacy. I sighed in defeat, "C'mon, let's get that cleaned up."

I walked up the last flight to my apartment; I can feel him on my back, following me.

I fished the keys from my purse and unlocked the door.

My apartment is small, considering how rent is so expensive in NYC. It has all the essentials but in small portions – small bedroom, small living room, small bathroom, and small kitchen. I haven't really given it much thought because I literally just use it for storage, showers, sleeping, and occasional cooking since I was always so holed up at work. Guess I'll spend a lot more time here now, now that I'm jobless.

"Just sit there," I said pointing to the small couch. "Keep holding on your nose and apply a little pressure to stop the bleeding. I'll go get the first-aid kit."

He nodded and just sat on the couch quietly still with his right hand supporting his nose.

How did I end up here? In this situation? With a celebrity sitting on my couch. And though it's an annoying one at that, still a freaking celebrity.

I reached the top shelf cabinet for the first-aid kit and went back to the living room.

Axel's eyes were closed as he's still wincing in pain. I looked at my right hand and see the bruising begin to form on my knuckles. Nice right hook, Lauren. I make a mental note to ice it later.

"Alright, remove your hand from your face, let me see." I squat in front of him so we're eye level.

He sighed. "I'm sorry," he said then blood ran down his nose. "Oh." he pinched his nose again then raised his head.

I scrunched my forehead. "Don't raise your head, dummy," I said guiding this head back down.

"Wow, you just called me dummy," he said amused.

"Well, you are." I retorted.

He chuckled.

"What are you laughing at? You're still bleeding." I replied snarkily. I got on my feet and went to the fridge. I reached for an ice bag and placed it on my right hand while I walk back to the living room.