🌸Nihachu🌸 - Red Strings

Request by: AkariBerry
Words: 1707

*I just read one of those Dream SMP self insert fanfics where Y/N is a whiny damsel in distress so allow me to feed into that badass Y/N energy we deserve. I may of went a bit overboard tho.*

Love. Love is a strange word. Google defines it as a 'great interest and pleasure in something', but love can be anything when you think about it. Loving a person, loving a feeling, loving an object, loving something that doesn't even exist maybe. The last one was sort of weird, devoting your life to something that couldn't really reciprocate the feelings back; the young girl didn't understand it but I suppose that's the wonders of humanity.

Most of the population had something that tied them all together, a red sting. A singular rose red string tied onto the ring finger, never able to discard until you came face to face with your destiny, your soulmate. Everyone wanted to meet theirs. Some travelled countries upon countries to try to find theirs. Some stayed in their hometown and hoped that Lady Luck would shine over them one day.

Niki was a part of the second group.

She had grown up in the SMP and planned to stay there for her entire life. The people were nice, the countryside's and surrounding forests gave her limitless adventures, why would she want to leave? Their were some challenges, Wilbur wanting to start his own nation and directly oppose the leader, Dream, but what good is a hometown without some squabbles. Niki never really jumped to find her soulmate, she was still relatively young after all and had her mid-twenties to travel and attempt the hunt. For now, she wanted no more but to stay and hang out with her favourite people.

That didn't mean that she wasn't jealous of other's accomplishments though. Her best friend Wilbur had found his mate down by the river and already had given birth to his son (not sure how the genetics works there but who really cares, love is love). Eret hadn't found his own and only yet but he was more focused on one night stands and occasional flings with whoever fell for his silky smooth voice. Tommy and Tubbo were fortunate to be platonic soulmate by birth, the two were basically born together and never spent a moment apart; another great example of how diverse love really is.

Niki wanted to meet her one and only, but didn't at the same time. What if they didn't like her? What if she didn't like them? Questions like these made her keep to herself and just wait for her soulmate to fall into her arms. She didn't have to time to go out and search for them, she was much more busy taking care of L'manberg.

About two months ago, Wilbur started up a brand new nation titled L'manberg. It was a nation of freedom, a place where Europeans could be free from the American oppressors. Niki was one of the first few invited and built a bakery by the docks; it wasn't much but it was honest work. For a while nothing much happened. Niki, Fundy and Eret would go out every day, gathering cooking supplies, going down to the ocean to teach Fundy to swim, tell scary stories late at night in a poor attempt to spook each other.

Those were the good times.

Now L'manberg was plagued with war and worry. Dream had refused us our independence and so the only way to earn our rightful freedom is to incite violence. Niki wasn't the biggest fan of fighting or any violence, she preferred to stay behind and help without any danger; but she knew how important this was, for everyone.

One week until the L'manberg war for our independence.

Wilbur knew full well he was underprepared for this. They may have outnumbered Dream but he is much better at pvp and has more recourses. He needed backup, but from who?