🌸Wilbur🌸 - Final Goodbye

(Okay! The election stream where they opened up the polls was a few days ago and I have now emotionally recovered from it enough to write about it! Basically, you'll be Wilbur's right hand man in this (sorry tomy D:) Tommy is kinda his left hand man I guess now. But yes, I wanted to make something sad for my first oneshots so enjoy.
Fun fact: I'm writing this while watching Tubbo's stream before the election results!! Aggg I'm so nervous.

Words: 1206

Y/N's POV
As I heard the manic laughs of our newest "president" Jschlatt echo through the L'manberg walls, I knew we had officially lost. Despite the fact that POG2020 won the majority vote, Quackity and Jschlatt had already pooled all their votes together and won by one percent. Despite the fact that we all knew L'manberg was going to fall into chaos with Jschlatt leading, we couldn't do anything about it. It was the first time I had ever seen Wilbur completely silent.

Tommy told us a few days before the election that he had gotten a few old friends to endorse him. When he told us that Jschlatt was gonna be rejoining I was kinda excited honestly. I had joined after he was kicked so I never really got to meet him properly. What I wasn't expecting from THE Jschlatt was some old man who suddenly decided to overthrow the government, and to somehow win. We were now all banished from L'manburg; but President Wilbur wasn't going to leave before seeing it one more time, especially since Jshlatt had ordered to tear down the walls that protected our nation.

I looked into Wilbur's dark brown eyes as they glazed over the rapidly falling walls, his similarly covered hair swaying in the peaceful breeze.
"Wilbur?" I said, looking up to meet his gaze (this man is like 6"5 so I doubt many people are taller than him but if you are then uh... look down on him I guess?)
His brown orbs looked down to catch mine, I could see that despite the soft smile that was plastered on his face, his eyes were full of pain. "What is it, (Y/N)?"

I looked back down to where he was staring, I could just about see Fundy around the corner still destroying the walls. "What's gonna happen to L'manberg?" I said, looking down at the many buildings we had created over our time here together. "I...I'm not to sure to be honest." His face dropped as he continued to watch his precious nation decimate before his eyes.

"Well, we're gonna come back and take back L'manberg right?" I said, forcing a smile onto myself. I knew that Wilbur was going through it right now, especially since he sacrificed so much for this land. If I can try to keep him positive then atleast I'll feel like I'm important to the team. He stared into my (E/C) eyes for a moment before looking back down and chucking softly, "Yeah that's right, we just need some time to regroup and gather supplies." He returned his gaze back, now staring at the multi-coloured flag that Niki had spent so much time building for us. He had been staring at the almost ruined L'manberg for the past 10 minutes now, I should probably speak up. But before I could, someone interrupted us.

"There you two are! So you've just been mopping around here all this time?" I turned around and was immediately met with a thump on my head as the hilt of an iron sword hit the back of my head. "Ow! What the heck." I rubbed my head and looked up to the messy blonde now standing next to me, his grey eyes looking down at me. "You two looked like your actors in a drama show, lighten up a bit, jeez!" He shouted at us as he quickly glanced over the city below us  before looking up to Wilbur.

Wilbur just chuckled before lightly punching Tommy on the arm, "Yeah yeah, why are you so positive?" Tommy proudly smiled at us and dug around in his inventory for a moment, pulling out armour, swords, food and other important items, shoving all the items into our hands. Wilbur stared down at the items before speaking up, "Tommy, where did you get all of this stuff?"

Tommy stayed silent for a moment before holding out another item, "I got a ender chest." He said, akwardly smiling up at Wilbur like some kid in trouble. Wilbur just sighed and shaked his head, already accepting that he won't get an answer out of the kid. "Well, even though I'm pretty sure this is illegal, atleast now we have a bit of a headstart." I smiled at Tommy, he met my gaze and smiled back a wide grin. "We're back at square 4 I guess." Wilbur said, joining in and smiling with us. We stood there in silence for a few moments before we burst into laughter.

Tommy was leading me and Wilbur through a deep forest. We decided to make a secret base a bit away from "Manburg" as Jschlatt renamed it. Tommy was quite far ahead of us at this point, running around through the green hedges of the trees. Me and Wilbur decided to hang back and relax, who knows how long it would be till we could relax like this.

"Hey." Wilbur said, cutting the silence surrounding us. I hummed and looked up to meet his dark brown eyes, "Yeah?"
"Thanks for helping me earlier today. I'm just a bit worked up over losing the election." Wilbur said, his short brown hair swaying behind him as we continued to walk through the large forest. I raised my hand and placed it on his shoulder, he stopped in his place and turned towards me. "You gotta stop acting like L'manberg is gone forever, weren't you the one who told us that we're gonna get the discs back and take back our nation?" I smiled softly at my tall president.

He stood there in silence for a moment, his mouth slightly agape as he processed my words. He raised his hand and lightly tussled my hair, smiling his signature grin like always. "I'm so glad I chose you as my right hand man." I smiled back up at him and saluted, "Me too, Mr President." Wilbur put his hand down, I did the same as he tilted his head slightly. "I'm not the president anymore, Y/N." I closed my eyes as I smiled wider, "Well you'll always be the president in my heart."

Okay this is kinda more of a "I have mad respect for you bro" friendship but I still like it. By the way, I started writing this before the results were announced and finished it after the stream, so sorry if there are some mistakes. I kept on swapping between having it set before the results or after the results and they were expelled from "Manburg." I just did it after cos that was fresher in my mind. Anyway, first oneshot. I might do a Tubbo or Dream one next idk i'll decide later.

Posted: 23rd September 2020