v. it's not a normal day unless I'm questioning my life's existence

chapter five

─── it's not a normal day unless I'm questioning my life's existence

          𝔖ometimes, you just have to wake up, realise that you made a lot of poor life choices and then get on with your life and do something about it. Other times, you wake up, realise your life is shit and go back to sleep because dreams are better than reality. Normally, I'm in the second category, however, when an incredibly good looking man was sitting next to you, feeding you medicine, I had to consider option one.

I blearily opened my eyes once more, staring at the guy who was hovering above me. His lips quirked up into a half smile, crinkling a large scar that ran down his left cheek. The bright sun made his blond hair look like a halo.

He looked like something otherworldly. An angel.

"Thanks." I went bright red.

Abort mission. Option 2! Option 2!

"Here. Drink this. You'll feel better?" His hand touched the back of my neck, helping me sit half upright, tilting my head forward so that he could place a glass to my lips.

I pursed my lips, trying to form words, but I could not.

"It's not poison. Don't worry." He muttered, before tilting the cup so that I could swallow some of the drink.

It tasted like buttered popcorn, movie nights and home all at once, and a warm feeling swept through me as I sighed. The pain in the back of my head went away as I pushed myself up further on shaky arms.

"Alright, alright, Sleeping Beauty. Take it easy." He grabbed onto my shoulders, pushing me back to the bed. "You need your sleep."

I watched him stand, wanting to call after him not to go and to stay by my side, because I was scared what my dreams would bring, but he walked out of the room and I fell asleep to dreams of weird animals trying to kill me.

∘☽༓☾∘

When I next opened my eyes, it wasn't to see a good looking man hovering next to me, but instead a large meadow. It would have been good, if I didn't feel like shit; my tongue felt ugh, I could practically taste my breath and all of my teeth ached like I'd just had my braces reapplied.

There was a glass next to me, which I took a moment to think about whether it was a good idea or not to drink it, before shrugging. Probably not as bad as the time I accidentally drank vodka because Gabe poured it into my water bottle. I was seven and that was a really weird trip to the hospital.