lxv. monsters actually let me have a college education, which is nice

chapter sixty-five

─── monsters actually let me have a college education, which is nice

          𝕲enetics was easily one of the worst bits of my schedule. I hated having to go to the lectures, but I knew that I needed to because it was the one thing that I struggled with the most.

"Romy!" I turned, catching up with my friends as we left the lecture hall.

"Hey. Didn't see you guys in there."

"You looked a bit away with the fairies." Matt beamed, joining me. As I didn't live on campus, because of my mom and Luke both having apartments in the city, I'd only made friends with people through my lectures and the gym. Matt and I had met on the first day of class, because he'd forgotten his laptop and I was late so both of us had been forced to sit in a corner.

From there, he'd gone on to introduce me to what was now our group of friends, most of whom took the same degree, or type of degree as us.

"How was Christmas?" Georgina chimed in, nudging me gently. "Didn't see you for a bit."

"Oh, yeah." I couldn't quite say I was kidnapped, cause it sounded bad and I'd already been allegedly kidnapped once when I was 17. "I went on a trip with my boyfriend to San Francisco." 

"Ooh," They all began to tease, as I continued chewing gum and rolling my eyes. They were always like this whenever I brought him up.

"We're still yet to meet him."

"For a reason. I'm not introducing him to you." I shook my head. "That's a recipe for disaster."

"Why?" Matt turned to look at me. "You worried that we're gonna tease him."

"I mean, you could try?" I shrugged, knowing what my boyfriend was like. Should they try and do it, Luke was well known for his snarkiness and his insults, and I also had a strange feeling Luke would take great pleasure from it. 

There was no way in hell that I'd willingly introduce them.

"Maybe she's just making it up." Brett, who was Matt's good friend and just tagged along for the fun of it, spoke up. He was a business major, not a biology major like the rest of us but you know, when he wasn't being annoying, he was nice to be around. "Trying to keep us away from you."

I snorted at that, before checking the time.

"Shit, I gotta go. Mom's just finished work, need to go and pick her up." I waved, before hurrying off to Luke's car so that I could go and get my mom, and then back to Luke's place. It was date night, and I was excited.