ciii. heroine of olympus has a nice ring to it

chapter one hundred and three

─── heroine of olympus has a nice ring to it

Unknown 

          𝔈verywhere I looked, there was another body. Each one was piled atop each other, friend and foe until the ground was soaked in red blood trailing down towards the sea below the mountain.

Workers were differentiating and moving people, taking note of names and dog tags in the dark, torches and fires keeping them company but I pushed on. They'd started quickly this time around, the battle had only just finished. The first time we had fought on this magnitude, it had taken days to muster the people willing to do this. Still, it was impressive. The battle had barely finished.

Or at least, the battle on the top of the mountain had. The lightning had finally cleared leaving pitch black storm clouds and not much else. It was so dark that I could barely see my hand ahead of me. I shone the torch around, dodging the ruins of black obsidian that had once made the palace of the Titans. Now, it was shattered and I had to find the cause of it.

Heading towards the throne room seemed the obvious place to start.

It was pitch black in the room and for a moment, I could fool myself into thinking that I was alone but I felt the ozone in the air, something reaching out.

Lightning crackled opposite me, eyes lighting up. They were bright blue, like laser beams and any normal person would have gulped in fear. But I knew better.

The August sun cracked through the clouds and I saw her clearly for the first time. Her armor was drenched in blood, both red and golden, marring the colours on her cloak and covering her skin. Despite her hair already being blonde, it glittered in the sun with streaks of gold from ichor. She was covered in Titan blood.

Her sword, Ivlivs as she had named it, dripped blood and ichor along the ground and down towards me and in her other hand...I took a breath as I saw it.

Her knuckles, bloody and bruised, were clutched around the Titan's hair, holding his severed head like a trophy.

She stood from where she was sitting atop the ruins of the throne, tossing it down to me. It bounced through the bodies of monsters and enemies, landing at my feet as she followed.

"Job well done." Despite their being a lack of audience, her voice filled the room and could capture my attention more than anything else. "You were right, it was Krios. All that worrying for nothing."

"All that worrying to be safe." I corrected her as she hummed and stepped closer. "Well done."

"My father would be proud." She said, nodding her head as she flipped the sword into the air, catching the coin and pocketing it. "We did well here. Toppled the throne, defeated the Titan. He would be proud. Justice has been served."