liv. in hindsight, maybe this wasn't smart

chapter fifty-four

─── in hindsight, maybe this wasn't smart

          𝕴 tore across the mall, pulling Annabeth's hat off as I burst into the Air and Space Museum, which probably gave someone a heart attack, but at this point I was beyond caring. The main part of the museum was one huge room with rockets and airplanes hanging from the ceiling.

Three levels of balconies curled around, so you could look at the exhibits from all different heights. The place wasn't crowded, just a few families and a couple of tour groups of kids, probably doing one of those holiday school trips. I wanted to yell at them all to leave, but I figured that would only get me arrested. I had to find the others. Any minute, the skeleton dudes were going to invade the museum, and I didn't think they would settle for an audio tour.

I ran into Brooke—literally. I was barrelling up the ramp to the top-floor balcony and slammed into her, knocking her into an Apollo space capsule.

Grover yelped in surprise.

Before I could regain my balance, Zoe and Bianca had arrows notched, aimed at my chest. Their bows had just appeared out of nowhere.

"Hi," I panted as I tried to regain my breath. Zoe's face appeared above me, her eyebrow cocked.

"I thought you didn't like quests?"

"I don't," I muttered, as she dropped a bottle of water onto my face. "Ow."

"Then why are you here?"

"Hermes, Andi's sarcastic horse and Mr. D," I listed off, rubbing my forehead as I stood up. "Also, Dr. Thorn, the psycho doctor who kidnapped Andi and Annabeth is also here. You never know the people you're going to meet at museums, do you? Small world."

"Are you delirious?" Grover was helping Brooke up, who was rubbing her chest, as Bianca watched me and Zoe.

"Now you mention it, I am running on about three hours sleep,"

"I felt like I've been hit by a train," Brooke moaned in pain, before glaring at me. "How much do you weigh? I'm gonna be bruised for weeks!"

"Puck's here," She sobered up at her brother's name, standing up and sighing. I took another deep breath, before resting a hand on my sword and drumming my fingers against it. "I'm not going to lie to you, he doesn't look good."

"Where is he? Maybe we could talk," Brooke asked.

"Not likely. They sent skeleton warriors after me, I think," I patted her shoulder, before turning back to the others and explaining what had happened in the Natural History Museum.