lxvi. i just wanted one morning where someone didn't try to kill me

chapter sixty-six

─── i just wanted one morning where someone didn't try to kill me

          𝕰arly mornings and I didn't get along in the slightest.So, when I was woken up at some ungodly hour when the sun had barely risen, the day after I finished all my exams, it was fair to say that I was in a foul mood.

"Andi," Luke watched me stomp past him with an amused expression, trying his best not to laugh. "Someone looks happy."

I swore at him over my shoulder, before scowling as I felt his arms wrap around my waist and tug me back into a hug.

"Come on," Luke cooed, pressing a kiss to my forehead as he rocked me from side to side. "It's only 8am, Andi, and we've got to pick Annabeth up from the airport."

"Remind me why she didn't get a later flight?"

"Because she wanted to visit," Luke spun me around, as I fell back onto his shoulders and contemplated falling asleep. He was very comfy. "I'm going to guess this means I'm driving to the airport."

"Yeah." He chuckled again, pressing another kiss to my forehead, before pushing me back upright. I yawned and stomped off to the bathroom so that I could wake myself up properly. The pros of being the daughter of Poseidon meant that water re-energized me no matter where I was or how much water there was.

So, when I stepped out of the shower, I was back to my normal self instead of a grumpy, tired version of Andi that no one wanted to be around.

"Alright, I'm ready to go," Luke watched me with an amused expression, before nodding and pulling his shoes on. "What?"

"I always find you switching between grumpy Andi and normal Andi very amusing," I rolled my eyes at him, pulling my own shoes on as Luke chuckled and grabbed the car keys, heading for the door. "How do you do it?"

"I'm just plain awesome."

"I knew that already," I grinned at his words, pressing a quick kiss to his cheek as I went past. He chuckled, before locking the door to his apartment. We headed down the stairs, to the underground parking garage, and Luke was quick to open the car door for me, both of us chatting about summer plans.

The drive to the airport was about as quick as you could imagine, and we got there with time to spare, leaving Luke and I to wander around the airport until Annabeth's plane landed. We spoke in hushed tones about Camp and what was going on there at the moment.

I hadn't been back since the middle of December, after my kidnapping incident, though Luke had been back slightly more frequently to make sure that his siblings hadn't burnt it down whilst he was away. I had the excuse of finishing the first year of my degree, which had been harder than I'd imagined.