lxx. sleep deprivation is actually fun and i'm hallucinating

chapter seventy

─── sleep deprivation is actually fun and i'm hallucinating

          𝕲ood night sleep is overrated. In fact, some might say it's necessary, but I think it's a guideline of sorts. Or maybe, it was because when I dreamed, they were filled with suffering.

When I finally fell asleep, I was in the stateroom of the Princess Andromeda. The windows were open on a moonlit sea. 

Puck knelt on a Persian rug in front of the golden sarcophagus of Kronos. He wore an ancient Greek chiton and a white himation, which made him look timeless and a little surreal. The last time I'd seen him, he'd been broken and unconscious after a nasty fall. Now he looked perfectly fine. Almost too healthy.

No normal teenager was healthy, least of all a demigod. Most of us were suffering from deep emotional trauma from parental abandonment at least.

"Our spies report success, my lord," he said. "Camp Half-Blood is sending a quest, as you predicted. Our side of the bargain is almost complete."

Excellent. Kronos' voice was still as grating as ever. Once we have the means to navigate, I will lead the vanguard through myself.

Puck closed his eyes as if collecting his thoughts. "My lord, perhaps it is too soon. Perhaps Krios or Hyperion should lead—"

No. the voice was quiet but absolutely firm, causing Puck to shudder. I will lead. One more heart shall join our cause, and that will be sufficient. At last I shall rise fully from Tartarus .

"But the form, my lord..." Puck's voice started shaking, his shoulders hunching. This kid was in too deep, and one part of me remembered that this would have been Luke. 

You pledged yourself to me, Kronos reminded him. 

"Yes, my lord. It's just—"

You wanted power. I gave you that. You are now beyond harm. Soon you will rule the world of gods and mortals. Do you not wish to avenge yourself? To see Olympus destroyed?

A shiver ran through Puck's body as the boy looked down. "Yes."

The coffin glowed, golden light filling the room. Then make ready the strike force. As soon as the bargain is done, we shall move forward. First, Camp Half-Blood will be reduced to ashes. Once those bothersome heroes are eliminated, we will march on Olympus.

There was a knock on the stateroom doors. The light of the coffin faded. Puck rose. He took a deep breath, before trying to appear dignified once more.