SHIELD's Demi-God, Monster Proof Tech, and no more Triggers 3

"I hope you enjoyed your time at Camp, even though it was a very short trip," I said as I walked Michelle home.

"I did, are you going back for Summer?"

"Ya, I go during the summer when I'm not working,"

"Where are you supposed to be now that I know?"

"Here. You don't know how to defend yourself from Monsters. Even then, it's always good to have an ally really close. I'll need to introduce you to Sally on a different day. She's really nice,"

"Sally?"

"Percy's mom. She taught me to cook within a few sessions. She killed her first husband,"

"She what?!"

"Medusa's head and he was an abuser to both her and Percy. A real piece of shit I'd kill for free. She writes books now that I think you'll like," I said then I tilted my head.

"How come you don't have trouble reading?"

"I have trouble spelling, not reading,"

"Ah," I said before we got to her house.

"There's a dojo a few blocks from here I'm going to rent out so you can train with your new weapon. Even though you don't have much experience, you shouldn't be without it," I said and she nodded.

"I'll make sure to wear it. I'll see you tomorrow,"

"You can keep your old phone but try to use the Monster Proof one more. It's still in Beta testing but it's better than nothing,"

"I will. Text me when you get home,"

"I will. If you get attacked by a Monster, call me,"

"I will. Thank you, Penny,"

"Your welcome, Michelle,"

"MJ. Call me, MJ,"

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow, MJ," I said before I walked away. As promised, I sent MJ a text letting her know I got home safely before I face-planted onto my bed.

The rest of the school week went by slowly, MJ did pretty good for her first lessons and I was slowly breaking the misogynist mindset of Mr. Walker.

I hugged my pillow tighter as I listened to Harley on call.

"I'm pretty sure I redid my PlayStation to be Monster friendly. If I did, I'm going to play but still talk,"

"That's fine. I just don't want the silence while May and Ben are at work. I don't want to go out and do something and music is loud," I said.

"You okay? You're unusually tired,"

"I haven't been able to sleep the past couple of nights and it's really getting to me,"

"Nightmares?"

"Ya,"

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Just the experiments they did on me. They 'fixed' my dyslexia but lately, it's acting up pretty bad. I think whatever they did has to be continuous for it to be fully effective. My normal healing factor isn't back yet and Dr. Banner is looking into it but hasn't found an answer to it yet. My graduation ceremony was stopped. I could feel everything all over again but I couldn't say anything, as I woke up,"

"I'm sorry that HYDRA made you suffer for years, Pen,"

"I got my revenge for the most part. I just want to find my dad,"

"I know. We are so close to finding him, Pen," Harley said and I hummed in response as I shoved my nose into my pillow.

"Can't sleep, Darling?" Harley asked like an hour later as I groaned since I couldn't fall asleep.