Chapter 6

"Ahhhh!!" Y/N exclaimed as he threw the pen to the table.

The files were stacked all together on the middle and were more than an inch thick.

"How can a bunch of terms and agreements get this many?..." Y/N said while holding one hand with the other and massaging it.

"This is a long term cooperation agreement with them." Ch'en casually answered before taking another sip at her canned drink.

She was done eating a while ago and now was on her third can.

"I'm surprised, looks like you're new to all of these." She added while still looking at the pile of papers on the table.

"Not really, but I like being on the field more than being stuck in an office signing them up."

"Then who's doing it? Amiya?"

Y/N nodded to confirm Ch'en's guess.

"What about you?" Y/N asked this time. "Do you do these things often?"

Ch'en finished her can, leaving it at the table along with the other empty cans before she leaned back on the couch and answered.

"More often. But it's not about terms and agreements, rules a company must follow in cooperation with a company, or anything along those lines."

Y/N waited for her to continue.

"Usually my signature will be seen on arrest warrants for those who were stupid enough and wasted their life on something not worth wasting a life for."

Y/N slowly nodded in understanding.

"That's a cop's job." Y/N said as if saying she can't do anything about it.

"Yes."

"Welp, now you won't be signing arrest warrants here." Y/N proudly said like that will make her feel any better.

"Now I'll be signing up tons of paperwork instead of one warrant at a time."

Y/N chuckled and scratched his head.

"Don't worry, I'm fine with it." Ch'en reassured him with a small smile that is almost hard to notice. "You are also helping me afterall."

He laughed in slight embarrassment.

It's true, were it not for him interfering and setting a good mood on Hoshiguma that day, her friendship with the former L.G.D. leader could have taken a tragic ending.

Somehow he can be a good negotiator.

"Ahh, that one..." Y/N, referring to that moment of saving a friendship from sinking, figuratively.

"No." As if she can see what he's thinking, Ch'en denied Y/N.

"Huh?"

"That wasn't the only time you helped me out."

"Hmm... you're right."

"And now I owe you a lot."

Y/N stared at her.

"Me?"

"Yes."

"I'm not the only one who helped you out, Rhodes Island did."

"Honestly I think they would have pulled back the moment they knew what I did to you and Amiya back in that abandoned city section. Were it not for you and her, they would have."

"That's only your opinion. Maybe you should try, earn their trust."

"But I also have my own doubts about Rhodes Island, I still do. Especially with Kal'tsit."