Chapter 43: Designated Strike Group - N.N.

The Doctor wakes up with a numb arm.

He lifts his head and an electric-like force shoots up the length of his arm.

"YOUWCH!!!"

Looking at the smooth surface below him, turns out he fell asleep on his table.

He looked up, and finds Franka, Blaze, and Ch'en all passed out on the couch.

Franka got the long end of the couch and most likely is having the most comfortable sleep of all three, as Blaze was seated with her neck stretched as she leaned back. Meanwhile, Ch'en was at the floor and hides her sleeping face in her arms at the coffee table.

(Y/N) rubs his eyes, and uncontrollably yawns in the process.

"How did last night's discussion between them turned out...?"

His office doors slid open. Two people came in, and they're not as frequent here as their team leader.

(Y/N) waves his hand at Liskarm, the latter just raised hers, no waving back.

Vanilla bows her head to him before following the Liskarm, who paced to the side of the coffee table. Her emotionless eyes are locked on what (Y/N) presumes is an oversleeping vulpo.

The Blacksteel junior had her hands up and close to her chest, she's already nervous at what her senior would do, as she glances at the feline and lung too.

"Doctor, we'll depart in an hour." Liskarm tells (Y/N), who had wide eyes upon hearing that.

"A-an hour?"

"Breakfast could be while we're on the road or when we reach our new base of operations."

"I see... sorry, I overslept... even PRTS must have tried hard."

"No worries, do you have any hard unbreakable object here?"

"M-miss Liskarm?!" Vanilla reacted to her senior's sudden request

(Y/N) held his palms facing the two vouivre. "Slow down there...!"

Liskarm gasps as she bends over, grabbing some of the papers on the coffee table and rolls them.

"Wait, Liskarm."

The vouivre turned at (Y/N).

"Use these instead..." he said while offering another bunch of papers. "Those aren't so useful anymore so you can do whatever you want with them."

Vanilla stared at him with dull eyes.

Liskarm repeats the procedure of rolling the papers into a slapping material.

She made it hard enough that it didn't bend too much the moment she striked the sleeping vulpo.

— WHAPACK!

"AAH!!"—

The paper clapped Franka so loud that not only did she instantly got up in response to it, the other two also flinched and Ch'en rose high up from the table.

"Everyone please gather at the lower deck." Liskarm announced before walking out, followed by Vanilla who's very embarrassed by the shorter vouivre's actions.

Blaze messes with her hair as she yawned. "That's one way to get you up in the morning.. huh?"

She looks at Franka for response but the vulpo kept her head down while seated, her face covered by her hair on all sides as she had one hand on her cheek.

"Whew, she destroyed you." the feline added.

"We're late, let's go." Ch'en reminded them as she walked out with (Y/N).