Chapter 45

— 9:00 AM. The following day. —

"Let's go, D.S.G.!"

(Y/N) wakes up to the sound of his head assistant shouting orders.

He immediately gets up, and realizes he's the last one to wake up.

"Doctor!" Ch'en shouted out. "Get over here!"

"O-OH, okay!!"

He gets off the foldable bed and sprints across the gaps in between the high racks, until he reaches the driveway.

Their armored vans have now been lined up as a convoy, facing the doorway.

The leading vehicle is had Liskarm on the driver's seat. She is speaking but is too far for (Y/N) to hear.

"Doctor."

Ch'en all of a sudden is standing by his side, he just didn't see. When he turned his head to where her voice comes from, seeing her there, he flinched.

"Eh?" she voiced as she herself took a step back.

"Sorry... we're starting now, right. I slept like we're safe aboard the landship."

"It's Franka's squad today. You should have your breakfast first."

"I definitely should..."

He goes back in, to the dining area, where there's three paper bags close to each other at the center of the table.

As he takes a seat and grabs one of the few disposable fast food boxes and a sealed plastic cup with who knows what kind of drink inside, he keeps an eye on what the rest of the group are doing in the middle.

Franka is actually there with him. He notices as he heard the sound of someone typing on the keyboard.

He wouldn't bother her, and he wouldn't be able to. She rushes to the back of the lead van as soon as she finishes her work at the computer.

Vanilla and Meteorite carries two boxes and loads them at the back of the vehicle. Jessica is following close behind the two, and goes inside before them, closing the doors.

As she nears the door to the passenger side, Franka slaps the side of the van twice. The vehicle starts a gradually accelerating, and Franka steps on to the footboard and in to her seat.

The door's lock clicks hard and Liskarm drives the van out of the warehouse, as the doors were slid open by Onyx and Matterhorn. The two immediately slid the doors back together as the van passed through.

"This is how it might look like from now on..." (Y/N) tells himself while chewing on the food.

"Those things aren't patrol cars, okay?" he says as Mostima approaches the dining area.

"The girls know that."

She burrows her arm into the paper bag and takes a cup out, then a drinking straw.

"It would be fine if we're not in this current state with the city harboring us. Blatantly helping them keep the peace and order."

"Are you frustrated again?"

"Nope. Do I sound frustrated?"

Mostima just gently shook her head as she sipped coke from the straw.

"How to be a straw?"

"Everyone else would be on standby today." he says as he gets done with his food and takes the box into another paper bag.

"Not me." Mostima tells him while staring at the driveway.